We haven't had a lot of family time lately. Life gets in the way of that coveted time and eventually, we get selfish and form an escape plan. We left right after Claudia's basketball game on Saturday. We went to Birmingham for the night to shop, play, and just be together. It was just what I needed to refuel me to take on the next 37 days. Just 37 days from today when I ship "THE BOX" and oh how I look forward to that day!
We ate dinner early at The Fish Market and then I had my first Home Goods shopping experience. Glory! Love that store! I didn't buy anything but I could have bought TONS. The shopping on this trip was to outfit these kiddos for spring and summer so I contained myself. We went to the best TJ Maxx ever and I almost bought this purse but talked myself out of it...and I have regretted it since we left the city limits. It was the perfect yellow for spring. Oh well, again, clothes for the kids...let's stay focused here!

The Galleria was next. My boys, they are so great. They waited so patiently, even Cooper, for Claudia to try on piles of clothes. We got beautiful things for her in some of her favorite stores. I love buying for my babies. I think this might be the first time I have ever fought being emotional over buying their next season's clothes. It just kept hitting me how much they have changed and how I don't have babies anymore, even though they are my babies. The clothes we bought for Cooper will be the ones he starts Kindergarten in. Oh PLEASE, I am not sure I can send my baby to K!!!! When I was looking in Gymboree, I saw this sight...and it brought such joy to my heart and tears to my eyes. When did she outgrow these chairs? Seems like yesterday to me...

We surprised them on Sunday morning and went to the Zoo! We had never taken them to the Zoo in Birmingham. They were so happy. The crowd was slim and the weather was perfect. We took it all in and enjoyed the promise of spring.

We loved the Tiger...we always love a Tiger!

On our way out we posed as giraffes...


We ate at a new Mexican restaurant...well, new to us...Chuy's. It was so good! We ate outside and enjoyed the beautiful day. We had fun with crazy mirrors...

We hit the Summit where Claudia and I browsed Charming Charlie's...a girls heaven on earth. Again, the boys waited so patiently. What amazing guys we have! We went to Pottery Barn and Cooper got beautiful new bedding. I LOVE it and have wanted it forever. When it was on sale, we had to get it. While Claudia and I were looking, Cooper and Chad sat in this chair and Chad read him a book. The little stinker moved right when I tried to sneak a picture! It was such a sweet sight...
Thank you, dear Lord, for providing such an amazing escape for us!
Disclaimer...all pictures taken with my phone since I didn't want to lug my heavy BFF around and I was not leaving her in the car!
I hope I post again in the next 37 days...we shall see! If you would pray for me, it will be much appreciated!

No comments:
Post a Comment