
Sometimes, a lot of times, I am guilty of forgetting how it feels to be a kid. I get caught up in life and find myself expecting my babies to handle things as an adult would. I forget how to be 8 and 4. I forget what is important to them and get upset when they are just being children. I am so ashamed to admit that. I am sad to say it is true. It makes me sad for them. I don't want to forget. I want to remember and put myself in their shoes and do everything I can to help them LOVE being a child because I am not ready for them to grow up. God gave me a lesson in the snow this morning. Like the handwriting on the wall, so to speak... Why can't they put their shoes perfectly in the closet? Why do they shove things under their beds? Why do they not care how much time it took to organize the closet or the drawers or whatever? Because, they are CHILDREN and children should not have to care about ridiculous things like an organized drawer! At the end of my life, I doubt anyone will care if my closet was organized...including me! Today I would give anything to be at home playing in the snow with Claudia, Cooper, and Chad. We all need some time together. Disney come soon...
2 comments:
This post makes me sad for my own children as well. I am the same way many times. Even though I remember how disappointment felt then, I often have the "suck it up, buttercup" attitude. You know, the "well, you're not always going to get what you want in life, and you're going to be disappointed a lot more in your life, so you might as well get used to it now" attitude. Thinking about this now makes me sad. Did I ever get used to being disappointed? NO! I still don't like it. "Let them be little, 'cause they're only that way for a while..." Oh, how I wish I could have mine back at 8 and 4 and do it over again. Thanks, Lyn.
Oh, Mrs. Lyn... you have no idea how much I needed this! I am so guilty of worrying more about how clean the house is or how much the dogs get on my nerves, but I forget how much fun it was to pull out all the toys and how much I loved my pets as a child. I am so thankful for you and for this post. I feel like your words are a message to me... thank you for teaching me a lesson. I will return to read this message everytime I catch myself forgetting how to be a child.
Post a Comment