November 26, 2011

Trick or Treat

What do a sleeping angel, a snow princess, Simba, and a puppy have in common?
They are all PRECIOUS, that's what.

For most of our children's lives (actually all of Cooper's life), we have been on a trip for Halloween. When Claudia was the only one, we went to Pigeon Forge and since Cooper came along, we have spent Halloween at the beach. For this reason, our kids usually only get to dress up for the fall festival at church and we don't usually get to go trick or treating. I loved to trick or treat when I was a kid and I always hate that our fall break is at the same time but I sure do LOVE those fall trips with my family. This year our school calendar was changed and we didn't have the fall break so we were home on Halloween. Claudia and Cooper were so excited to get to trick or treat. Of course, in their minds, it would be like they see on tv, with them walking through the neighborhood with a flashlight and us at home giving out candy. Not likely so they were a little disappointed that we would only go to a few houses of people we are close to. It helped their disappointment that we invited Amy, Ryan, and their girls to go with us. They loved (and we did too) having sweet Gracie and Lily Kate along. We had a fun night with our friends and I was so glad we all went together. Claudia and Cooper before we left...


Cooper had to be Simba since we had recently seen the Lion King when it was out in 3-D. Claudia didn't plan on being a princess until we saw this costume and she loved it. She looked absolutely beautiful and made me wonder where my little girl went.


Gracie was one cute puppy! She was so excited to be with Claudia and Cooper.


Lily Kate took it all in stride and napped her way through the excitement.


We went by Ryan's parents' house so they could see their girls. Chris and Donna are always so sweet to our family.



Gracie chose an apple from her Gran's bowl...instead of chocolate, I really need to work on this girl. Uncle Chad loves to hold sweet Gracie.


I always treasure time with this family because I missed them so much when they were gone. I have no idea how long God will keep them here but I am soaking up as much time with them as our schedules allow. We are in love with these girls and we love to be with them. 

No comments: