March 29, 2012

Recording March...

I have not intentionally neglected my blog this entire month. As March draws to a close, I thought I'd pull some pictures from my phone to document a few activities from the month. Not the best pictures but this month I can really say I have been living actively rather than from behind the lens of my camera. Yes, I wish I had a few more pictures but I have also enjoyed taking some of the pressure off of myself to always be camera ready. So here are a few of the things we've been up to this month...

Claudia is crazy about reading and LOVES stacking up her AR points. She earned her 200 points and got her reading medal. She spent the day with our Superintendent of Education and while she was nervous, she loved getting to visit all of the schools in our system.


I have always kept Claudia's clothes and I finally went through the summer things and sold a ton of clothes. I passed a few things to Gracie Lyn as well. These overalls were Claudia's. Gracie reminds me of Claudia in many ways and seeing these clothes on her really tugs at my heart strings. Gracie is 2 here...


Here is my sweet girl when she was 16 months in the same overalls. Precious baby girl has grown up way too fast!

 Cooper and I made another Sunday trip to Clay County for a baby shower. He took a ride on a mule before we headed home that afternoon.


Cooper went to a fun birthday party for Finn where they all dressed in football gear. Cooper was the only Auburn player there. He was so cute and had lots of fun. Robyn and Patrick had lined their yard like a field and had a field goal and everything. The boys ran through paper while the Handley fight song played. Some of the varsity Handley players were even there to play with the kids.


Lily Kate turned 5 months old and is sitting up like a pro. She is growing FAST and I am certain she will be running like crazy long before she turns one. She is so much fun and I am constantly thankful we get to be a part of their lives.

 We did something we have not done, unless it was for sickness, since we began extracurricular activities. The week of March 11th, we took the entire week off from everything extra. Claudia had been pretty sick in February and just didn't seem to ever get enough rest so I finally declared a week off. Other than school, we didn't do anything but spend time together. We skipped piano, dance, and even Kingdom Kids. It was a glorious week. I love all of the extra and so does Claudia but this week was wonderful and much needed. I decided that next school year, we will take a complete week off every 3 months. Well all needed it and we all benefited from it. We wrapped up our week off with a fun weekend. That Friday, Claudia was part of a team that competed at the JSU Technology Competition. This was the first time our system had sent any third grade teams so we had no expectations other than to gain experience. I didn't get to go but heard from others how great the girls did presenting their project and speaking to the judges. In the end, we were delighted for them to take FIRST PLACE in their division. Now they will take their Eiffel Tower power point to the state competition in May. Here's Claudia's team sporting their 1st place medals.


Since Claudia was going to be coming in late that afternoon, Cooper and I met Ryan, Amy, and the girls
at Burger King for a play date. Gracie was so cute walking around in my jewelry. She is a very girly girl. After playing, they came home with us for the evening. Chad and Ryan grilled hamburgers and we all just played and had so much fun together. I just treasure those nights after knowing what it was like to live with them so far away for so long.


On that Saturday, we met Kristal, Brad, and Maddie in Newnan for some Monkey Joe bouncing fun. The kids bounced, the dads watched, and the moms shopped. What a great plan! We had dinner at possibly the best Mexican place ever. Getting these two to pose was very difficult...



We invited Gracie to come along with Claudia and they had so much fun. We have not had an evening with these friends in a while and it was a blessing. We just love being with them too!


Also in March, my sbrother, Mikie, welcomed a new addition. McKayla Faith is a beautiful little one and Aunt Lyn cannot wait to hold her sweet little self. I have not had a chance to visit her yet but I am hoping soon!

The following Saturday, after thinking of our yummy mexican all week, Chad and I decided to introduce Ryan and Amy to our new favorite place. We all loaded up on Saturday evening and headed to Newnan. Gracie has on another of Claudia's outfits in this picture. Cooper and Claudia are already wearing their spring clothes because we have had a very early spring in Alabama. It is actually already HOT.


Sweet Lily also blessed our hearts on our trip that night...


Cooper and Gracie checking out the statues at Ashley Park.


Finally, this week has been cram packed full because Claudia is getting ready for the big Easter drama at Trinity this Sunday and Monday. She has been to rehearsal 3 times so far this week and still has dress rehearsal on Friday night. She is the angel in this picture on the far left. I cannot wait to see her on stage.


To round out the month, Claudia and I will attend a Mom and Me conference at a local church all day this Saturday. I am looking forward to that special time with her and pray that God will truly work in our relationship through the activities. March has been a whirlwind full of fun, activity, and great memories. April is just around the corner bringing spring break and a 6 year old birthday that I am not ready for. I cannot believe my baby will be six in 19 short days...

No comments: