August 24, 2012

Time Marches On...

Time is certainly marching on and totally leaving my blog behind! I am so far past where I'd like to be in posting our summer memories but I'm going to jump out of order and post about the very big event we had this week...

2012 First Day of School
Claudia began 4th grade at HMS
Cooper began 1st grade at KES

The biggest news was Claudia going to a new school and being very far from her mother for the first time. It was not easy but we've made it through the first week and I think we are both adjusting. I am always anxious for her to peep in my window every afternoon and know she is back with me. Something I'm not used to is not getting to go to her classroom and take pictures so I had to settle for a picture at home. They were both excited and maybe a little nervous. I felt the same way...

My sweet babies all ready for the first day of school.


Claudia rode with Rachel so they could walk in the gym at HMS together. That made it a little less intimidating for them both.


Per tradition, Chad took Cooper to breakfast and brought me a tea. That sweet daddy. He really missed being able to take Claudia with him since he's taken her every year before.


I was waiting when they got to KES...



Heading down the FIRST GRADE hallway...



Cooper's first grade classroom...



We are so thankful he is with Mrs. Robbie for the year. She is amazing and he will love her fun demeanor with the kids.


We surprised her with a giraffe lunch bag with her initials.



Looks like we're off to a great start and so thankful for all the blessings we've had this week...


No comments: