But I can't go back, I know...
That is exactly how this trip made me feel, like I want to go back to the days when they lived just down the street and we could hang out all summer by our pool. We have missed them so much since they moved last July but the summer has been the worst for us because we spent many long days lounging by the pool with them in summers past and this year we have missed our friends so much.
The end of July, the kids and I headed to Prattville to spend the night with Paul, Amy, & the kids. We had been looking forward to a visit all summer. We left that morning after piano and got there in time for lunch and a driving tour. As soon as we got back to their house, they hit the trampoline.
These three had to show off their skills...
We were even delighted to spend some time with Polly again!
Claudia and Izzy fell right back into their rhythm and you'd never know they had been apart for a year with only a few visits. It was such a blessing to see them back together again.
As did Cooper and Hayden, including arguing with each other like brothers...
I don't have a picture but this could just as easily have been a picture of my sweet friend and I because we were also stuck like glue realizing just how much we had missed being together.
Cooper could not wait for Paul to get home so he could show him that he learned to ride without training wheels. Sweet Paul walked the neighborhood with him letting him ride.
More flipping after dinner...
We brought watermelon for a treat and Paul was nice enough to stand and cut while the girls and I ate and ate...
We stayed up late talking and having fun. I was so sad to go to bed and know we had to leave the next day. I regretted not planning a two night trip just to give us more time. We decided we could get home late and at least spend the day together. We drove into Montgomery and had lunch before heading to the Children's Museum.
There were all kinds of interactive exhibits that we had fun checking out. Amy and Claudia trying to put together a picture puzzle.
Izzy teaching Cooper how to use the cool effects for pictures...
Cooper and I were playing with the race cars...
Amy and I happened to notice the girls playing and Claudia had her arm around Izzy which almost drew me to tears...
My sweet girl was like her mommy and I could tell she too was beginning to get a little sad because our time was slipping away.
We couldn't leave without feeding the ducks...
Taking this picture reminded me of the same picture taken a few summers ago when Amy and I took the kids to West Point Lake for a picnic one day and they fed the ducks. I miss those days...
Our sweet friends...
This sweet boy...
And this sweet girl...
And this mommy had a wonderful time with our friends and we were so sad to leave. We made one last stop for yogurt before parting ways. It was hard to leave and it will always be hard, I suspect, but it won't keep us from at least making this a summer tradition. We love them so much and we reveled in every minute we had with them on our short trip. Friendship like we all share is special and certainly a gift from the Lord that I treasure.
No comments:
Post a Comment