November 7, 2012

10 years of Blessings!

On October 19th, our sweet Claudia had her 10th birthday. She was so excited to turn double digits. I was not so excited to have her reach this milestone. I am beyond thankful to have a healthy ten year old who is so sweet and blesses me every single day but the sentimental mommy in me was a bit teary over the occasion. We celebrated this big birthday over the course of two weekends. Opening her gifts at home...



On her actual birthday, she got to take a friend and choose where we would eat. We were happy to have Gracie join us. She and Claudia have always been sweet friends and they have so much fun together. We did a little shopping after eating and then hit the yogurt shop to finish off our birthday evening. iPhone pics are not the best but I forgot to take my camera with us.




On Sunday afternoon, we had a small party at Juna and Grandaddy's house. We were blessed with beautiful weather and we enjoyed having everyone together for the afternoon.


Nana was not able to come with PawPaw and we missed her very much! I was thankful my daddy felt like coming after he had camped all weekend. I always love any opportunity to see my daddy!



While I loved keeping it small, I did miss the days of the big parties where we could invite all of Claudia's friends. However, I have a great appreciation for low-stress these days and I get myself way to worked up over a big party so this was much more healthy for me. Claudia was happy to have Rachel and Gracie join us at Juna's house for the afternoon.


Our Gracie Lyn thinks she is a big girl with these girls and she hangs right in there with them. I noticed how much she makes me think of Claudia from the back with the haircut and the bow. Just kind of made me sad...



A very delighted birthday girl was thankful for every gift and card.


Sydney doing her thing...taking her picture with her phone. Connie doing her thing...FaceBook!


PawPaw and the oldest...





Lily Kate and her sweet daddy...




Uncle Chad and his sweet Gracie Lyn...






Super cute PJ's from Aunt Connie and Sydney...


WOW, what a blessing!


Claudia's greatest desire for her 10th birthday was a trip to the American Girl store in Atlanta. Additionally, she wanted sweet Rachel to join her for the occasion. We made it extra special by going up on Friday and spending the night. We were all very excited as we loaded up and headed to the city for the night. We had dinner at Claudia's favorite place, the Cheesecake Factory.


This was what she wanted instead of a birthday cake...Red Velvet Cheesecake

The girls were so happy that we stayed at Embassy Suites because they were able to take over the living area for privacy while Chad, Cooper, and I stayed in the bedroom. They had so much fun playing and being girls. I think they made sweet memories together on this trip that they will both always remember.


The next morning they were all raring to go...





My sweet girl getting her girls ready for their big trip.




Finally, after much anticipation...



Headed in for our Brunch in the Bistro...


This was a fun experience. They had little hanging chairs for the dolls to dine with us. Claudia and Rachel really loved every detail.









When you are the brother drug along on such a birthday adventure, this is what you do until your daddy rescues you from the American Girl store.




For me, the doll-loving mommy, this was a girl playground. The displays were beautiful. I grew up loving dolls and I'm so thankful my Claudia also loves them. I love that she will still play with them and enjoys the magic of make-believe.




We had appointments for both Claudia and Rachel to take one of their girls to the salon for a hair appt. and to get ears pierced.












We had a great trip and enjoyed celebrating our sweet girls' tenth birthday. All of her years have been full of blessings for us. We love you, Claudia, and we are so thankful for the precious gift that is your life!




No comments: