Some might say I am slightly obsessed with Disney...
I'm really okay with that accusation because they would be right on target, except for one thing, I'm not slightly obsessed with Disney, I'm EXTREMELY obsessed. Not for the reasons that some might think. I'm obsessed because of what it represents for me. For me, Disney means days of escape with my 3 favorite people. Days when all Chad and I think about is what makes our babies happy and how much joy that gives us as their parents. Days when we spend every waking minute of the day playing together in a land of make believe. What parent does not enjoy those kinds of days? We have been SO blessed to enjoy 5 wonderful trips to Disney. Those trips can be read about in these posts...2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, & 2012. In creating those links, I realized I never went back and blogged about our 2009 trip. I created my blog after that trip and certainly hope I can find time to get those memories recorded.
We've never been to Disney this time of year to see the Fall decor. Pam and Abbie left yesterday and I think about them constantly. I live vicariously through all friends when they are there. I can't stop thinking about the magical place because we have recently booked a trip and I am so excited.
It is still a while before our trip but I think about it constantly. I think I am even more excited for this next trip because we are going with friends, This is the first trip we've ever planned with friends. We have been there at the same time as friends but this time we are purposely going at the same time, staying at the same resort, and have made all of our dining reservations together.
We are heading to the magical place with these special friends...
Even though it is still quite a while before we hit the road, Kristal and I text daily about Disney and Claudia says we are like little kids!
I'm always so thankful when God provides a way for us to vacation and enjoy a brief escape from everyday life together.
I hope I never outgrow Disney...
No comments:
Post a Comment