To get started on our 2nd day, we moved to our Disney resort, Port Orleans Riverside. Cooper was super happy to drive through the sign and know we were staying at a Disney resort. That was such a big deal to him. I took this pic of BKM as their van went under the sign.
Claudia loved getting her ticket and seeing that, according to Disney, she is an adult. All that really means is it cost us more $ but to her, it was very exciting!
Our home for the week at Riverside.
Ready to catch a bus for AK.
I don't even know what you call her but this was the first time we've ever seen the "tree woman". It was so cool to watch her.
Animal Kingdom was PACKED! We were amazed at the crowd. HS had been such a lower crowd than what we had expected for New Year's Day that we were shocked over the increase on Jan 2nd.
I didn't take pics but we had lunch at the Quick Serve portion of Yak and Yeti. This was a first for us. We really had a great lunch. It took a long time to find a table and I think I kind of edged in front of a family for the one we found but we were getting desperate. I am not the biggest AK fan but I did really enjoy Yak & Yeti and I love Festival of the Lion King.
We ran into "Dan the Music Man" and he got some information from Cooper and put together a song about him. It was precious and Cooper LOVED it so much.
As soon as we got to the park, I ran to get Fast Passes for Expedition Everest and the return time was 7PM. We had dinner reservations at MK so we knew that was not an option. Claudia and Chad waited a LONG time to ride Expedition Everest and were finally joining us in time to see Mickey and Minnie.
Other than the parade at MK before Christmas, AK is the only place to see Mickey and Minnie decked out in their holiday attire. I'd love to come before Christmas for a pic one year to use as our Christmas Cards. Of course, they are in warm sweaters and we are in short sleeves because it was hot. Not sure how M and M stand the heat in their winter clothing but they sure are CUTE.
Our whole crew at Animal Kingdom...
Between Mickey and Minnie, Maddie felt the need to do some pin trading.
Love all of the Christmas trees...
Time for MINNIE...
Minnie liked Claudia's shirt and gave Cooper a sweet smooch since Mickey wasn't around to see!
Before we left, we headed to Dino-land. Cooper was obsessed with wanting it to be "the boys" all the time.
Claudia took a couple of pictures of the tree outside AK as we were leaving. We went back to our resort and unloaded our vans before headed to MK for dinner and evening fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment