February 7, 2013

What a way to end 2012!

So we planned a trip to our favorite most magical place on earth...
Disney...
with some of our favorite, most magical friends...
Brad, Kristal, and Maddie...
and the countdown began!

I made this countdown for us to anticipate our trip. We excitedly marked off everyday. Kristal and I texted every single day about how many days we had left.


I changed our chalkboard the day before we left...


The packing took over the entire house...


The Disney mobile was cleaned out and ready to go...


Theo had an extended stay at the doggie hotel...aka the vet's office.


I double checked our reservations...


All nice and tidy and almost ready to roll...


Finally, on December 30th (ONE DAY EARLY) we hit the road for magic! Chad surprised us and said he wanted us to head down a day early so we could have New Year's Eve to explore rather than travel. Our initial plan was to drive most of the way but just like every time we've ever made that plan, we were to excited and couldn't wait so we just drove all the way down on the 30th. We were able to add a night to our reservation at Caribe' Royale. Our travelling pals were already there and excited that we were on our way.


God blessed us with very good travelers for which I am immensely thankful and we are able to drive with little stopping. We eat fast food and stop as little as possible. We are very happy to see this sign.


Because our Disney package did not begin until Jan 2nd, we stayed the first 3 nights at an off-property resort. It was actually on World Drive and literally just outside the gates. It was a really nice resort and the kids loved the heated pool outside. However, I still always prefer being at a Disney resort. 


As soon as our friends got back from Magic Kingdom, they came to visit us. We were all so happy to finally be at WDW together!


Ringing in 2013...
New Year's Eve at Downtown Disney

Brad, Kristal, and Maddie (BKM) had planned to spend New Year's Eve at Magic Kingdom, complete with a lunch reservation. On their way, they discovered MK had already closed to capacity so they decided to head to Epcot. When the crowd at Epcot took their breath away, they decided to join us at Downtown Disney. We were delighted to have them with us for what I called our "bonus day" since I had not anticipated having this day. We had yet to drive through the famous welcome sign since we were staying off property so Cooper was very happy to at least go through this sign at DD.


Ready for a day of fun at Downtown Disney!



With no park tickets, we slept in and didn't rush so we didn't get to DD until lunch. We met BKM at Rainforest Cafe, a first for us. We loved it and have plans to eat there again on our next trip.




Cooper absolutely must spend his money immediately so we headed to the sports shop for a Toy Story football.






I had not seen this beautiful model of the castle before. I told Claudia if she had a bedroom big enough for this, I would just have to buy it because I would LOVE to have this. Probably more for me since I'm slightly obsessed with the castle...



Time for fun at the Lego store! They are building their own race cars to participate in the race. 



Cooper's creation...



His car was the winner!



Claudia's creation...



Checking out the Harley's...




Our whole group...



Disney cast members were working like crazy getting set up for the party crowd that would hit DD later that evening. We stayed until around 7PM but headed back before the big party crowd descended on DD. Our resort was showing a movie but Claudia and Cooper decided they'd rather swim so we hit the pool after we got back to the resort.



Any opportunity Claudia gives me at WDW to photograph her, I jump on it bc she is usually so busy in the moment, she doesn't want to take time for my camera.




Cooper was loving a wide open space to toss around his new football with Brad and Daddy.


My sweet boy has grown up so much lately. Such a handsome little fella to his mommy...


New to DD is Splitsville. We didn't bowl but it was a cool attraction for DD.  


Ferry ride back to the other side of DD where we would indulge in Godiva Sundaes and pure heavenly goodness. Sadly, I didn't take a picture of the sinfulness that was my dessert.


My sweet Kristal and I on the ferry. I was so happy to get to share our magical trip with them.



Wherever Brad was on this trip, Cooper was likely there as well. He was having a great time hanging with "Uncle Brad". 

We tried to encourage these two to wait until the next day for face painting so it could last all day but they were set on having it that night before we left DD. Cooper's lasted approximately 2 min after he jumped in the pool. Washed right off but he sure enjoyed it while it lasted. 

Before


After...
Donald Duck and a Kitten Princess

We headed back to our resort to swim and get in bed early. We had an early day planned to celebrate 2013 in style at Hollywood Studios. Our bonus day was lots of fun and I was so happy we had it to enjoy. 

No comments: