August 22, 2009

Sad Saturday

In 20 minutes, we will leave to attend the funeral. My heart is so heavy for my friend. Last night was difficult for them but God gave them the grace they needed to endure it and even have joy as they shared with friends and family and got to hear just how much their daddy meant to everyone who came through the visitation. My heart had some joy in that I got to take care of her children. All I have wanted was to have something to do that would make this easier for her. There is nothing at all that I can do to lift her burden but at least I can take care of her children. For a mother, that is one of the greatest things you can do. It was a blessing to me to have them and meet their needs and know that I was taking one tiny bit of worry off of her shoulders.

This funeral will most certainly be sad and heart breaking but it has been planned to be nothing less of a celebration. A celebration of his going home to live with Jesus!