Yesterday was one great Sunday for us. I went to sleep smiling and thanking God for my little family and all the blessings He bestows upon us that we take for granted. We had good family time yesterday and after the month we've had, we really needed it!
I woke up at 6:00 to meet my walking partner only to find (gasp-shock) that my sweet Chad was already up and had our house smelling like yummy early morning coffee. Needless to say, I cancelled on my walk and sat down to enjoy the early morning with Chad. We drank coffee and watched Paula cook fabulous looking breakfast. Unfortunately, it made us hungry and we had NO groceries. We did get about an hour of alone time before Cooper made his debut. He does not sleep long once he is in the bed alone, rotten baby that he is!
We had a great service at church and then went to a nearby town to eat lunch at Cracker Barrell and to grocery shop at a bigger store w/more variety. Big mistake...more variety + bigger store = bigger crowd than I care to deal with when shopping with all 4 of us. The kids really were not bad but pushing two carts and trying to find everything and keep up with them almost drove me crazy. I was so ready to get out of there that I decided a few items could wait! The good part is that we no longer have empty cupboards!
When we got home, the kids had big fun playing in the playroom and Chad and I got creative on how to make it all fit in our kitchen. My anticipation of what's to come in about 6-8 weeks grew even more...I can't wait to blog about it...I'm getting a new kitchen! Photos and everything else to come soon!
I went to church while Chad and the kids stayed home and got ready for Monday. He did baths, laundry, and no telling what else while I was gone. Did I ever write how amazing he is? He is amazing! Later in the evening, Cooper actually fell asleep in his own bed by himself. That is what a 30 minute nap will do for the little guy. Claudia also went to sleep on her own. These are not typical behaviors of my babies but for one night, it was great! Chad and I went out to our newly covered backporch and drank coffee. We loved it and we did not want to go to sleep because that would mean our weekend was over.
I'm really trying to be better about enjoying all these little blessings like coffee on the porch because we are not promised tomorrow. God is really showing me that my future is His and not mine and that all my plans/expectations could change with the next phone call/knock on the door, etc. His ways are not mine and only He knows what is to come in the next day, month, and so on. Two months ago I would have never ever dreamed that my daddy would have been to the brink of death and back and recovering from open-heart surgery; I would have never dreamed that two of our dearest and best friends would be living 9 hours away from us and not popping in to swim and hang out all the time; I would have never dreamed that my best friend would have lost her daddy so suddenly... but for God, none of this came as a surprise, He knew it all way before it came to fruition in our lives. I'm so glad He has it all under control because this past month, my faith in Him has been the ONLY thing that has kept me going. What a blessing to know He is a God we can trust with it all because He gave it all to us to begin with!
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment