September 9, 2010

The Original GOOGLE

To all of you who didn't attend Auburn University and might have mistakenly thought that Google was the original super-duper search engine...


Allow me to introduce to you the ORIGINAL search engine...


FOY UNION




This was the way Foy Union looked when I was a student.

You can call Foy for literally any information. Way back in my undergrad days you could hear the pages flipping when you called with unusual requests as they searched and searched for the answer to your question. Matt Lauer of the Today show has even called Foy during a show! Foy is famous!

Last night Chad asked me if I knew the Auburn game was on Thursday and I had not realized that. I asked him what time it started and he said, "I don't know, call Foy!" We both remember the number...I imagine all AU grads do...so I called. I got so tickled because it has been years since we called Foy and one thing I noticed was hearing the keyboard click as they pulled up game time for me. No more book pages...the times have changed. Another thing that was hilarious was when I asked if the game was on Thursday and the little young guy said "ummm, yes it is" and what I heard translated through his tone was "you stupid idiot how did you not know that!" The he said, (and I almost fell in the floor laughing here) "you do know the game is away, right?"...ha ha ha! So I said thank you and went on my merry way!

Calling Foy brought back so many memories. Chad and I have called Foy hundreds of times since we got married for this information or that but lately we seem to just pull it up on the computer. I'm so glad Chad brought back a blast from the past when he said "Call Foy!"...it was a great reminder of one of the MANY things we both LOVE about Auburn. So if you have an unusual question you cannot find the answer to or you just need information and can't access Google, now you know to JUST CALL FOY!

334-844-4244

WAR EAGLE!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I believe in Auburn, and love and it! AND...I love this post!