April 4, 2011

another candle makes 5

He is not five yet but we spent the weekend celebrating Cooper's upcoming birthday. To say this party was thrown together at the last minute is a huge understatement but it was a great party and turned out just as good as those I have stressed over in the past. I think our best decision was booking the gym at our Family Life Center. It was the perfect place to contain all the kids! We had the jumper/slide and pulled out the basketballs and the kids were entertained the entire party. Cooper and Claudia played on the slide for a while before the guests started coming in. Chad ordered the cake from someone we had never used before. I was delighted when it was delivered. Cooper said, "Mommy, can you believe I have a real dump truck for a cake and not a flat cake with a dump truck on top?"

We pulled out his trucks and used them to serve the food. I loved how cute his table turned out.








I think his candles were my very favorite decoration I ordered. But now there are five of them...and that just makes me sad and happy all at the same time!





The older girls quickly found something to do away from the younger boys. I was so glad Claudia had some friends there to play with. She was a happy girl with these friends around.


I LOVE this picture of Hayden! Look at those baby blues. We got to go to his party on Sunday and help celebrate his 8th birthday!


Cooper loves little Reece from daycare. He is very protective of her.


And of course there was a small toe injury requiring the necessary amount of drama...

Finn, Sophie, Cooper, and Reece


I asked Maddie if she was practicing for her dance recital when she posed for her picture. Look at her cute little pose!



Baby Kelsey also came to celebrate.


Cooper must have asked a thousand times if it was time to open presents. This was the first one and he was EXCITED! He loved them all, except maybe the clothes, but his mommy loved those!


My Daddy, Nana, Connie, and Sydney just before they all left. Nana is holding Kelsey...she held her the whole party. She is baby crazy!


Coye's party was at 1 and Cooper's was at 3. Busy Day! Coye had a pirate theme and Cooper got this hat as a treat. Kelsey is a little pirate girl!


Here is a big shout out to Kelly who gave Cooper this lovely slimy gunk that makes disgusting bodily noises. Oh how he LOVES this present! Payback, girl, payback...you got it coming!


Actually got a picture made with my Chad.



We were thrilled Chad's cousin, Farrah, and her fam could come to the party. After we cleaned up, we all went out to dinner with them. Mrs. June's sisters and brother came too so Farrah could see them. Cooper and Banks quickly became friends and had so much fun together.

While Chad took Cooper to Coye's party, this beautiful girl helped her mommy with every detail! I could not have made it without all of her help.


Banks and Cooper exploring at the restaurant.


Uncle Gary and Aunt Brenda also came and Olivia was with them. This was delightful for Claudia. The girls had just as much fun together as the boys.


Farrah and her Aunt June, Uncle Fred, Aunt Doris, Aunt Carolyn, and Uncle Fred

Farrah's daddy passed away when she was young and he was their brother, Ray. They are all so happy (as are we) when they get to visit with Farrah and see her sweet family.


Lee, Farrah, Banks, and us...

the boys acting like little nuts...

Banks now says he wants to live in Alabama...and we 2nd that motion!


We had such a beautiful day to celebrate our sweet boy. We were blessed with time to enjoy family and friends. I just cannot believe it is already time to add that 5th candle to the cake!
Seems like just yesterday he was only four...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh Happy Day! My friend is posting again!