If I had to sum up our March in one word, that is the word I would use... SURVIVAL For the entire month of March, that is basically what my family and I did...we survived! I posted
here about being blessed to receive a grant to submit my portfolio application for a National Boards Certification. Two other teachers at my school went through the process at the same time as me. It is a grueling, time consuming, self-analyzing, process where we had to study and question our teaching practice very thoroughly. It was unlike anything I have ever done and harder than my degree from Auburn and Jacksonville. It is unbelievable and almost impossible to comprehend unless you are doing it. I was so thankful to have someone to share the stress with and to have others who could understand exactly what I was putting myself through. As hard as it was, I would do it all over again. I have always wanted to try it and now I have. I spent more late nights at school than I ever thought I would and last Tuesday was my last one. I sat down at my desk at 7PM with my last set of papers to sign before putting them in the envelopes and tears started streaming down my face. I just could not believe I was at the end and it was almost over. The relief was so wonderful. I could have never done this without the amazing support of my family and many friends. I had so many people help with keeping my kids/transporting my kids/and anything else I needed. I am so thankful for everyone who helped! When it was all said and one, this is what I had compiled...four entries with each containing LONG papers and videos of me teaching. These envelopes look so simple in the picture and do not at all convey the hours of work and thought I put into them. I was so emotional to finish and line them up for a picture. That probably seems silly but just to finish, pass or not, is a huge accomplishment!
That night after I got home, my sweet family had a gift for me. They gave me a beautiful bracelet and a sweet card. In reality, they are the ones who deserve the gift because they have had to endure the last few months and it has not been easy on them. Chad has had almost no help from me and has not complained at all. I could have never gotten through this without their support. I am so undeserving of the family God has blessed me with!
The next morning I mailed "the box" and I had a great peace that it was time to send it on its way. It is the best I can do at this time in my life. I have prayed over this box and had others pray just that it will be judged fairly. I was so thankful to have this box on its way to Texas!
And now we wait...
I have to take the written assessment in May and then we wait until December to find out if I passed all or just parts. I expect to have to resubmit some of it but who knows...God may work a miracle and let me certify my first year...that would be AMAZING!
I am so thankful God provided a way for me to be a part of this process. I am so thankful for a family who supported me and helped me in any way they could.
And last but not least...
I am so thankful to be FINISHED!
No comments:
Post a Comment