June 21, 2010

9 months from now...

9 months sounds so long but yet it is not. It is such a short time for God to work a miracle...Claudia and Cooper, it only took Him 9 months to grow those precious babies inside of me....God is up to something else in my life that will also take 9 months. 9 months from now it will be complete and God will have used me to do it. It will be all Him because in all of my weakness and unworthiness, I am not capable of the task without Him.

Ha Ha Ha...I gotcha! You thought I was talking about a baby, didn't you? Nope, this is a whole different kind of adventure for us...I am currently pursuing my National Boards Certification! I am excited and terrified all at the same time! I wrote about the grant application back in March. Five of us submitted our grant applications and trusted God to do what He wanted with each one. I completely trusted that IF NB was in His plans for me, He would provide the way. I also had faith that if it was NOT in His plans, He would close the door and I would walk away in peace. As much as I have always wanted to do my NB's, I do not want to do anything that is not His plan. There would be no peace in my life and no peace for my family if I were to take on such a rigorous process without the Lord ordaining it in our lives. I digress...so we mailed them in and waited for April 30th...that was the day we were supposed to hear. April 29th brought letters to two of the five who had not received the grant. The other three of us waited very impatiently...finally, on Saturday morning, May 1st, Chad came across the yard with a letter in his hand...and I was terrified! Part of me really wanted God to say NO because the grant application was so difficult, I was a little afraid of the real NB process. I opened the letter and read with unbelief and pure shock the word, Congratulations! I fell into a chair and could barely read the rest. I was excited, shocked, and completely terrified...I didn't know if I should scream with joy or cry with fear...I think I did a little of both. At any rate, God had provided the grant and now it is up to me to trust Him and live for Him and allow Him to do this good work in and through me. My letter...
Three of us were awarded grants and we will go through the NB process together. I am SO thankful to have them to work with, cry with, and panic with! We immediately began downloading our docs and this notebook is basically my instructions for the next 9 months!

This past week, THE BOX came...this is the box in which I will submit many papers, videos, and as much concrete evidence as I can fit in there to prove to the judging board that I deserve my NB certification. That in itself shows why only the Lord can do this through me. NB is known to be a 3 year process. The statistics show that only 40% of the applicants certify their first year. I really don't put a lot of faith in statistics because my Lord is so much bigger than any statistic and He is not limited by our "what happens on the average".... He is not average and nothing He does is average! I am going to trust Him to do with this process what He wants in my life. I know I'll be busy. It will be a family affair because we will all have a part to play in getting it done. God provided the grant and I trust Him to provide the rest of the steps on the pathway He has sent me down.
"God is able to do IMMEASURABLY MORE than we ask!"


What God ORDAINS, He SUSTAINS!
I am trusting Him to sustain us through this process!
If you read my blog, I am asking you to pray for me, my family, and my work as I complete this process. Please pray that God will be glorified through my work, that I will be obedient and dependent on Him and resist trying to work in my own power, and that my husband and children will never feel like they get less of me over the next 9 months. Once the 9 months is over and I have lived through March 31st, I will have one more task. I will go to an assessment center and complete several writing activities which are judged in conjunction with my portfolio. Please pray that God will always be in control and that I will make no decision apart from Him!

No comments: