June 22, 2010

A June Wedding

15 years ago this August, I began the adventure of a lifetime, I was a first year teacher. On my very first day, I met the prettiest little blond girl named Jenna. It was her first day in 4th grade. She was not my student but because I worked with her mother, I always had an affection for that pretty little girl. Fast forward a couple of years and I met a nice reserved boy named Blake. Blake was in my junior youth Sunday school class and very often, he and I were the only ones who showed up for SS so he and I would do the lesson and then sit and chat. Blake was reserved but I could see such a huge heart for the Lord in him. From that year on, I also had an affection for Blake. I loved watching both of these special people grow up. This past Saturday, it was an amazing blessing to watch them exchange marriage vows to our Lord and Savior in a beautiful June wedding. I was honored to serve as Jenna's "bridal helper", spending my afternoon carrying her train and assisting her in whatever her precious heart desired. Jenna and Blake share a commitment to the Lord that will be a strong foundation for their marriage. I am so proud of both of them and so thankful to have them in my circle of friends. When they were walking down the aisle, they reminded me so much of Chad and I at our wedding. It brought back sweet precious memories. One of the songs in their wedding was the same as ours, "How Beautiful"...I think the words to this song are so beautiful and perfect for uniting two of Christ's children in Holy Matrimony.




How Beautiful the hands that served

The Wine and the Bread and the sons of the earth

How Beautiful the feet that walked

The long dusty road and the hill to the cross

How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful, is the body of Christ







How Beautiful the heart that bled

That took all my sins and bore it instead

How Beautiful the tender eyes

That chose to forgive and never despise

How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful, is the body of Christ




And as He lay down His life

We offer this sacrifice

That we will live, just as He died

Willing to pay the price
Willing to pay the price


How Beautiful the radiant bride

Who waits for her groom with His light in her eyes

How Beautiful when humble hearts give

The fruit of pure love so that others may live

How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ







How Beautiful the feet that bring

The sound of good news and the love of the King

How Beautiful the hands that serve

The Wine and the Bread and the sons of the earth

How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ









Reading a letter from her groom...


Blake and Jenna











Cooper was so excited about the birdseed!
His most favorite thing about the wedding was the kiss!










2 comments:

Roanoke Ladies Group Spring 2020 said...

Lyn, I had to cry! How sweet. I love the pics.

Jenna Treadwell said...

Thanks so so much!! It meant a lot to us for you to be there!! I haved to have a copy of your pictures they're great! THANKS Lyn!!