April 19, 2010

The 3rd Magical Day...

Our third day we were scheduled to spend at Epcot. This turned out to be a blessing because Epcot is not really a 13 hour park for us so it was great that it hit in the middle of our trip. I will try to remember how great it was to do Epcot in the middle and plan it that way next time. We didn't get such an early start since we were all wiped out and we got back to the resort earlier than usual that night. The Epcot International Flower and Garden Show was going on while we were there. There were amazing topiaries of all the characters all over the park. It was so beautiful. Another great thing about our 3rd day was for some reason, Claudia and Cooper were all about having their picture taken. I was so happy and content to snap away all day long! This was when we first got to the park and went to the first photopass lady.



I'm not really sure why I sat down and did not stand like Chad but I love these pictures anyway!

Then we walked around the first planter and found the next photopass person.


Chad and Claudia went directly to Soarin to get us Fastpasses and while they were gone, he called and told me the line for Nemo and Friends was short so we went to get in line to wait for them. Cooper and I ended up getting stuck in the line really far ahead and we went into the ride together. Cooper and I spent a lot of time riding together this trip so I tend to have more pictures of him than Claudia because the camera was always with me and not Chad! I tried to make up for it when she was with me and I did a pretty good job of keeping things even...that is so important you know! When we came out of Nemo, Cooper was so excited to have his picture taken with all of these guys...and I was happy to oblige!

Once we met Chad and Claudia again, we headed to China for lunch. It was so wonderful and yummy! Right after lunch we ran into Mulan! She was so sweet to Claudia. Cooper wasn't interested so I took pictures with them.

And then we found the drums...and we were jammin!


Chad and Cooper loved this car...those guys love cars!


A lovely Snow White and her friends were along the garden path...

I just LOVE the photopass people!

Some sights to see around Epcot...

We truly enjoyed Epcot more this year than we ever have before. It was a beautiful day and the best part was getting to ride Soarin for the first time...it was unbelievable...and Cooper loved it just as much as we did! That silly boy...

We were absolutely loving having 5 days to just play with our kids!

My sweet girl...


Just more pictures because they were so willing!
Mickey and Minnie are always my faves...
Goofy & Pluto


Beauty & the Beast...Belle & the Beast were actually right behind where I took these pictures but the line was long and they kids didn't want to wait so we just posed with their topiaries!


My favorite princess...Cinderella...mainly because Belle did not exist when I was a little girl. Claudia wanted to take my picture because she knows this is my favorite.


Look at these faces...I love these faces!


Claudia was taking a picture of us but our little jealous pot had to jump in there too!


This phone booth was like the one in "The Parent Trap", one of our favorite movies. The kids loved it...phone booths are not common for them the way they were for us when we were little. We saw a group of people on a Disney scavenger hunt and they had to take a picture of as many of them as would fit in the phone booth...it was cute and such a fun idea to do with a big group!

While Claudia and I visited the ladies room, Chad took these of Cooper. Chad has only taken a few pictures with the Rebel but I thought he did GREAT on these! I love this one of Cooper on the left! It is frame worthy for sure!

Boy did they love these! It was a nice cool treat on a HOT day.


Time for dinner...we had never been here before so we dined at the Coral Reef. It was YUMMY! There were divers in the aquarium and that was really neat to watch. The food was amazing...all except this soup that came with Cooper's kids meal...YUCK! Cooper would have never ever eaten that. Claudia was telling me to STOP taking her picture. I guess the fun was over for the day...it was so fun while it lasted! A.B., the food pictures are for YOU!


After dinner, we had a fast pass to ride Test Track. When we got there, it was shut down for at least an hour and then they could not promise us it would be back up. We decided we were too tired to take that gamble. We headed back to All Star Sports for some rest. Our 15 hour day at Magic Kingdom had caught up with every one of us! I took these pictures on our way out of the park. I love how they turned out.


First swim of the season for Claudia and Cooper was at Disney! They both had new goggles from the Easter Bunny and they had a ball. The pool wasn't very crowded and it was warm. Chad and I hung out in lounge chairs and it was wonderful.

It was a nice way to end our day. Needless to say, none of us had to be rocked to sleep that night! Epcot was the perfect park for our middle day and we will look forward to that day again when we plan our next trip...now, if I can just figure out how soon that can be!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love them!! I may not have ever been but I feel like I have experienced it just a little-thanks to you :-)

Anonymous said...

I love all of your pics, they are so great! Looks like you had a blast. I can't wait until we go.