August 3, 2010

a dream is a wish your heart makes...

Summer should be a time when dreams come true! The other day I was looking at Claudia's journal and I had a huge weight of guilt settle over my heart. Guilt over realizing just how important something was to her. Somthing I repeatedly answer with no to when she asks. In the journal she had written about how much she wanted to put Spencer in the pool. She said she couldn't wait for summer because "Mommy said we can one day this summer!" My heart sank because she has asked several times and I have kept putting her off. Well, I just could not let that little angel start 2nd grade in disappointment so this past Sunday, her dream came true!

Spencer, Spencer, the WONDER DOG...



My sweet girl was so shocked he could swim!



She immediately wanted to know
"When did Spencer learn how to swim?"

Ol' Spencer is just one of the family...
he fit right in swimming around!

He really seemed to like the water. Claudia would hold him up and he would keep paddling his legs. She said we needed to put him on Funniest Home Videos!



When the swim was over, Spencer got a "cowboy bath"...that is what my grandmother used to call it when we would take a bath outside in the galvanized wash tub. Spencer's cowboy bath was pool side and with a hose...but it was outside!
Claudia was so happy to finally see what her baby would do in the pool.
I was so happy to see my baby so full of JOY!



1 comment:

Kelly said...

Look at how happy you made Claudia & Spencer. What a great Mom you are! Thanks again for letting me picture swipe :-)