November 12, 2010

Because I can be obsessive...

I have been working on a Happy Fall Y'all post for a LONG time and it is driving me crazy. For some odd reason, the pictures won't move where I need them, every time I type, it takes forever for it to show up on the screen on this one post...not on any other post I am working on and not on this one...only on that one. And why you ask do I not just make another one...because I spent a gazillion hours uploaded so many cute pictures from the Pumpkin Patch and I just don't want to do it again!!!! I want to put this post on my blog but the obsessive nature in me will not allow me to post it until I fix whatever bugs it has. The result may be starting anew, which will completely hurt my feelings.

We had a productive Veteran's Day yesterday. I made dentist appts for the kids at 11:00. Cooper worried his little self crazy over going to the dentist. He got up at 6AM, opened his door, and the first words out of his mouth were..."I don't want to go to the dentist!" Normally he will ask what day it is or what does he have to do that day...but not yesterday, he knew exactly what he had to do. In fact, he probably had nightmares about it! Chad and I fielded a whole lot of drama from him over going but once we got there, he did awesome! I am thankful (more than you know) to announce "no cavities"! Those are words of relief for me!

After our dentist trip, we had a YUMMY lunch at Olive Garden but there was a damper on the yumminess. Did you know that Olive Garden now puts the calorie content beside every single item on their menu? OH MY GOODNESS! When you are dining out on Italian, calorie content is NOT what you want staring you in the face as you make your decision! At least not for me that is...and that very attitude explains so much about the emotions I go through getting dressed each day...but enough of that! Well, I guess it worked because I could not refill my salad bowl, eat an extra bread stick, or finish my lunch...because those CALORIES just kept shouting at me! Needless to say, the next time we want Italian in Auburn, we will be going to Provino's where the food is even better that OG and no one has the audacity to tell you how bad it is for you!

The trauma of that behind us, we set out to work on the Christmas list. I was thrilled to find several gifts. We were having so much fun and the time was just ticking by and eventually it came time to tell the children about another little appointment I had made...
FLU SHOTS
MMMM, we were less than popular after that announcement with Miss Claudia. Cooper was fine with it which only made me realize he had not had the complete understanding dawn on him yet. We had to wait a very long time and it was very stressful for Claudia. Bless her heart, I can completely empathize with her because I can remember my sweet dear old dad promising me $ if I would not overreact to getting a shot. It didn't work and I typically had to be held down, but I remember him trying! I cannot imagine who she gets it from...
I did get her to go first and get it over with. I was hoping Cooper would not watch and Chad tried, but he squirmed around and watched and once the needle hit skin, his accepting attitude went to the dogs and he meant he WAS NOT pulling down his pants! Claudia screamed and then suddenly just stopped and said "that didn't hurt"...um, yeah, I told you that but you are just so much like me in some ways that you had to figure it out for yourself! Cooper did the exact same thing. Cried, screamed, and suddenly came to a halt and proclaimed "it didn't hurt" and out we go with happy children. Whew! So glad that is over for a whole year!
We finished up a little more shopping and headed home. We just had the best day. I am so thankful for fun productive days like that one! I am also thankful for days when we can all be together. I am really hoping to get my fall post fixed soon. I am also dying to post about our trip to Destin and show off the rest of my beautiful Christmas PJ pics. I at least did a sneak peak on the new header! Tonight our Handley Tigers play in the 2nd round of the state playoffs. Woo Hoo! We are excited, though we are not going. It is all the way across the state, almost to Mississippi and we are not dragging Claudia and Cooper there and back in one night. I am looking forward to being home on a Friday night but we will be listening to the radio and screaming for our team.
Go Handley!
And on our agenda for the weekend...
Beating the Georgia Bulldogs...at least I sure hope so!
And last but not least, I tried to at least put some random pics on this post so it would be just me rambling and something is not working and now I am going to start pulling out my hair...

No comments: