BOOK TALK
The entire 2nd grade participated in a book talk where the students chose their favorite book, dressed up like one of the characters, and shared why it is their favorite book. I love this activity because it promotes their creativity and it helps them practice speaking in front of their peers. Public speaking can be so terrifying and it is such an awesome skill to have, I think it is great to get them started early!
Claudia chose a Junie B Jones book with a character named Claudia. In the book, Claudia has broken her leg and is in the hospital. She has really enjoyed reading Junie B Jones this year and since she has actually broken her leg before, this book was a perfect choice for her. We still had her old Velcro brace/cast to use in her costume. She also wore her bath robe as her "hospital attire". She looked so cute and I was so proud of her. She did a great job. It was so much fun to see all of their costumes and hear them tell their favorite parts of the book they chose. I was also especially proud of Hayden for speaking in front of everyone. That is not his comfort zone but he did a GREAT job and almost brought me to tears.
This is Claudia's class after they finished their book talks.
Claudia's turn.
Hayden chose a Star Wars book which was perfect for him since he LOVES Star Wars!
Claudia and Rachel before going to class that morning. I cannot remember Rachel's book but she was hilarious doing her talk. There was one part in her talk when she put on the glasses and imitated one of the characters. I loved it!
Awards Day was a busy day for us. Claudia was very nervous because she puts so much pressure on herself to do well in school and she was so afraid she would not be the top student in reading or math. I tried to reassure her that it was not important that she won a medal but only that she did such a great job in 2nd grade and that we knew she had always done her best and that is all we ever want or expect from her. No matter what I said, it did not matter, she had her sights set on a medal and nothing less would do. She looked so beautiful that morning. I took this picture before we left for school.

Claudia really expected to get a medal for reading. She has gotten that medal for the past two years and she loves reading so much. To her surprise and her delight, she was awarded a medal for being the top math student in her class.

Claudia really expected to get a medal for reading. She has gotten that medal for the past two years and she loves reading so much. To her surprise and her delight, she was awarded a medal for being the top math student in her class.
She also got awards for the all A Honor Roll and for having over 100 AR points. She was tickled to get a Six Flags Read to Succeed Award which gave her the ticket to Six Flags we recently used.


I just couldn't get over how beautiful she looked and how growny she is. This time in school has flown by and after 3rd grade, she will no longer be at the same school as me. I cannot stand the thoughts of not being able to see her during the school day. Having her at KES has been such a blessing for me!

Her daddy took his lunch hour late so he could attend the Awards Ceremony. She was so happy to have him and MawMaw and Poppa attend. When it was over, we went to her classroom so she could get her things. Chad checked her out and took her to Juna's house so she could rest and get all cleaned up for her big night. After such a busy, exciting day at school, she also had her dance recital that night! It was a busy day!

I can never say enough about how much this precious teacher has influenced my Claudia. Leslie was dear and precious to me long before she began working with me but now she is much more precious to me than ever before because of the love and commitment she poured into our girl this past year. You can have the most amazing classroom in the greatest facility with the most advanced technology and every resource imaginable but NONE of those things can take the place of a GREAT TEACHER and Leslie is an AMAZING TEACHER! God knew exactly what Claudia needed when He placed her in this class and I am forever thankful to Him for His provision and protection!

Finally, on the last day, I went to Leslie's room to take some pictures of the place Claudia has spent her past year. It was a great classroom and Claudia was always so happy in this room.
I just couldn't get over how beautiful she looked and how growny she is. This time in school has flown by and after 3rd grade, she will no longer be at the same school as me. I cannot stand the thoughts of not being able to see her during the school day. Having her at KES has been such a blessing for me!
Her daddy took his lunch hour late so he could attend the Awards Ceremony. She was so happy to have him and MawMaw and Poppa attend. When it was over, we went to her classroom so she could get her things. Chad checked her out and took her to Juna's house so she could rest and get all cleaned up for her big night. After such a busy, exciting day at school, she also had her dance recital that night! It was a busy day!
I can never say enough about how much this precious teacher has influenced my Claudia. Leslie was dear and precious to me long before she began working with me but now she is much more precious to me than ever before because of the love and commitment she poured into our girl this past year. You can have the most amazing classroom in the greatest facility with the most advanced technology and every resource imaginable but NONE of those things can take the place of a GREAT TEACHER and Leslie is an AMAZING TEACHER! God knew exactly what Claudia needed when He placed her in this class and I am forever thankful to Him for His provision and protection!
Finally, on the last day, I went to Leslie's room to take some pictures of the place Claudia has spent her past year. It was a great classroom and Claudia was always so happy in this room.
No comments:
Post a Comment