We spent our Wednesday at...
We had a lot of fun but saying it was hot doesn't begin to truly describe the heat we endured to give Claudia and Cooper a day of fun at Six Flags. I didn't lug my camera so I only have a few pics I took with my phone. Claudia and Chad immediately headed off to ride Goliath and the Georgia Scorcher and the other big rides. Cooper and I went in search of things he could enjoy with his broken arm. We began with the Monster Plantation. I didn't tell Cooper the name of the ride because I knew he would not want to go. This was my favorite ride as a child and I had not been on it in years. It was just as I remembered and Cooper liked it until we went into the marshes and then he wasn't so crazy about it.
After that ride, we headed up on the hill where we could ride the carousel, antique cars, tugboat, and hot air balloons. There was almost no one up there so Cooper and I could just stay on the rides over and over. They wouldn't let him drive the cars with a cast but he still enjoyed those a couple of times. I think we stayed on the carousel about 5 times without getting off. There was a breeze up there so I was content to stay there for a long time.

Cooper loved the tugboat!

We swapped horses each time we rode the carousel.

After many many rides, we headed down to the Whistle Stop playground. While we were on the train, Claudia called to tell me Chad was sick. The heat had really gotten to him and he got very sick after riding Batman. Cooper and I rushed over to find them and take him some Powerade. He had to rest for a while before he could get going again.


In spite of the heat, I had a great day and loved being with them. I love to watch their faces delight in anything. They were so happy and didn't complain about the heat all day. I enjoyed spending the whole day away with those precious three people!


No comments:
Post a Comment