Every tree is prettier and prettier. Love the film reel wrapped around the base of the HS tree. Hollywood Tower of Terror in the background, one of Claudia's favorites.
On all the light posts...so pretty!
Getting ready to hit the town but first, a family picture...
The photo pass guy had us pose like this. Chad said "I bet we look so stupid!" LOL, I just kept wanting to say "Taaa Daaa"!
First order of business, FP for Toy Story Mania, of course! You better get these before they run out. We have actually been when the stand by time wasn't bad and we could ride more than once but not on this trip. The stand-by line was over an hour even when the park closed. We only got our one shot by using our Fast Pass.
SALUTE!
So the other two hit the big rides and I took Cooper to indulge him in his favorites. First stop, Jake and the Never Land Pirates to see the famous Jake.
This handy guy was next...
Then Playhouse Disney LIVE on stage where Cooper joined in on the fun.
I just love Mickey!
Claudia and Chad joined us to wait for the Animation Academy. She painted a picture while we waited.
This was another first for us. I loved it. A real animation artist teaches you step by step how to draw a character. We drew the genie from Aladdin. I could have sat in there for hours. I would have loved to have taken another class but Cooper was not crazy about this attraction and since I really do want Disney to be all about them, that was just fine.
Heading down the Streets of America in search of our favorite playground spot.
After the kids played for a while, we went to the Stunt Show to check out on of our favorite guys,
Lightning McQueen!
We recently saw The Muppets movie so we were happy to see these guys...
Earlier in the day, I had Cooper stop so I could take a picture of something. I glanced beside him and whispered for him to look over, when he did, we saw this guy and he looked at Cooper and said, in the quietest, most peaceful voice,
"May you have the Spirit of Christmas
in your heart all year long!"
Well, we just could not believe it! We think Santa had the same idea as us, a trip to Disney for the new year! Later, we saw him again at the stunt show and he said the same thing! When we were waiting in line, he rode by on his scooter and Cooper snapped his picture. Isn't that amazing!
Waiting in line to see someone new at HS...
Bow Chicka Wow Wow,
that's what my baby says...
Gitchie gitchie goo
Means that I LOVE YOU
Yes, that's right, Phineas and Ferb are in the house!
A little fun while waiting in line. On our last day, they do this again at MK and Cooper keeps telling us how much fun he had doing the Hoopa Loop! Kids say the cutest things...
We are getting closer. Their CD is pumping out the tunes and Ferb can't help himself, he dances the whole time.
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...
and later it does!
Next on the agenda for Cooper while C&C were headed to a ride, a visit with Buzz and Woody!
Oh NO, the CLAW is gonna get Cooper and Handy Manny!
Whew! We survived the claw only to get strapped to a rocket?! This is not his day...
Finally, he gets to show Buzz and Woody his shirt that he wore just for them...
Woody was especially excited to see the shirt...
We had dinner at the Sci-Fi Drive-In Theater just before seeing Buzz and Woody. I was not feeling wonderful so I didn't get any pictures. I borrowed this from the www.wdinfo.com web site. Just making sure I give credit where credit is due since I am likely not supposed to use their photos. This was a cool atmosphere for dining. We sat in an old pink "car" with Claudia and Cooper in the front seat, Chad and I in the middle seat, and two stranger in the back seat! I thought it was neat but it is not my favorite at HS so we will try something different next time. Chad and Claudia got there before us and they had a surprise for me. Every year I say I am going to buy a coffee cup and every time, I talk myself out of spending the money on myself. I had seen a combo set at the Contemporary that I loved and intended to buy but forgot to go back when we finished Chef Mickey's. Chad and Claudia had found it at HS and bought it for me. I know it is just a little something but it made me so happy and meant so much to me for them to surprise me. What sweeties God has blessed me with!
After we finished with them, we headed to the streets of America for the spectacular, unbelievable, light show. I couldn't wait to see this amazing display and I was so thrilled that it is still up after New Year's. It was truly the most beautiful light show I've ever seen.
For your viewing pleasure,
The Osborne Family
Spectacle of Dancing Lights
Though my pictures don't show it, it was snowing!
A Disney Cast Member jumped in my shot.
A few more shots as we head out of the park after closing time with the rest of the fanatics who don't want to leave...
See ya' next year, Hollywood!
No comments:
Post a Comment