2012 Dance Recital
"The Seasons of Dance"
Spring means all kinds of exciting activities, one of those being our Spring Dance Recital at Southern Union Community College. It's very hard to get good pictures at recital and actually enjoy watching her so I try to take my pictures at dress rehearsal. Thankfully, Courtney was here this year and helped me get Claudia and Rachel ready for our rehearsal. This year they had the most beautiful ballet costumes and super fun jazz costumes as well. Each dance represented a season of the year. For ballet, Claudia's class danced to "Where Are You Christmas" and my sweet friend, Kellie, sang while they danced. It was amazing. Kellie's voice is a talent straight from the Lord and the girls looked so precious and angelic dancing in their white costumes. I think this may be my very favorite ballet they have ever done. This post has a ton of pictures because I just struggle with weeding through the hundreds I take and I love going back later and reading my posts and looking at all my pictures.
Rachel's mom had to meet us there so we took this sweet girl with us that afternoon.
Alayna Grace also dances in Claudia's class.
Jameria, Claudia, Alayna Grace, and Rachel...
Some of Claudia's class waiting for their turn on stage.
I have always loved watching Claudia dance. She is very graceful in her dance. This year I have seen her really grow as a dancer and her technique has improved a great deal. I've never been a "let's practice dance at home" mom because I have always wanted it to just be fun to her. I'm so proud of how she is blossoming as a dancer. She is my sweet ballerina girl.
Their jazz number was to "Monster Mash." Claudia loved this outfit and had so much fun with this dance. It was very entertaining.
They dressed in fun summertime clothes for tap and their song was "Summertime Blues." My favorite part of this outfit was the sunflower in their hair.
These pictures are from the night of dance recital in the dressing room. Mrs. Donna has been Claudia's teacher for 3 years. She is such a good role model for our girls and so sweet.
At the end, all of the dancers come out for a bow. Notice the tall handsome blond in the back, that is our sweet Connor. He danced in one of the PC numbers, "It's Raining Men" with Caitlin. We were so excited to watch Connor dance. We usually go watch him play some kind of ball, never dance. He did great! I was so proud of him. That had to be hard for those boys but they were great sports.
Cooper waited anxiously to give Claudia her flowers. He was so excited to see her after she finished. We were all very proud of our girl and how well she danced. She was simply beautiful.
Her sweet teacher, Mrs. Head, came to watch her dance.
Miriam was also there and came over to see Claudia. We miss Miriam as our student teacher so much at RAB. I especially miss watching this beautiful girl dance. She is an amazing dancer.
Another year of dance classes comes to an end. It was a beautiful recital. Watching my sweet girl on stage enjoying herself makes it worth every single minute I spend at the studio through the year. I'm so proud of this precious girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment