May 27, 2012

State Technology Competition

KES Technology Team
AUM
Back in March, Claudia and her teammates participated in a Technology Competition at JSU and won first place in their division. They qualified to compete at the State Competition at AUM the first of May. These girls were so excited and a tad nervous about presenting. At JSU, their faculty sponsor could be on the floor with them but at AUM, it was all them. There were 90 schools represented and over 700 students present to compete. It was just a little intimidating at first but they did awesome!

Chloe, Tori, Claudia, and Maggie...

They had to discuss their powerpoint as the judge watched. He seemed really nice from where I was taking pictures. He laughed with them a lot and they seemed very relaxed. 



I noticed Claudia talking a lot and she seemed so relaxed. She was poised and confident and I was SO proud of her and all of the girls. 










When they finished, I noticed Claudia reach out her hand to shake the judge's hand. I was totally amazed at this gesture of confidence she displayed. I was immensely proud of her!



After he finished, he wanted to take a picture of the back of their shirts. They say "There's no place like 27.0.0.1" which stands for HOME because that is our school's home IP address. We had lots of people stop us to ask what their shirts meant. They were a big hit.



Chad and Cooper made it to AUM in time for judging. The girls anxiously awaiting the results...


In the General Apps 3rd-4th grade category, Touring the Eiffel Tower takes...
2nd place in STATE!

I had my camera ready because I just had a feeling they would place. They were so charismatic with the judge and he seemed to enjoy them so much, I knew they had made a great impression. 



We are so proud of our Technology Team at KES. For the first time we've ever had a Tech Team, 2nd place at the State level competition is quite impressive.


Taking a picture for the newspaper...



A very proud family of our Claudia...



The team with their faculty sponsors. Denise White, Theresa Velazquez, and Alison White.
Denise is the tech sponsor at the middle school and she told the girls she would absolutely want them on her team next year. 




No comments: