Morning 2 of our 2nd day at PCB, Claudia anxiously waits for everyone to get ready to hit the beach. I took this picture because somewhere among all my picture files, I have a picture of her exactly like this when she was much smaller and I want to do a "look how she's grown comparison" if I can find that picture.
Cooper wanted to hit the pool first and Claudia wanted the sand between her toes so I went down with her. I set up the umbrella and beach chairs and watched my girl play her heart out. She is so pretty to her mommy...
Cooper had gotten a little too much sun our first day so he was kind of tired and worn out on day 2. Those sunburns can take the life out of a little one.
Cooper's subdued mood vanished when he found a friend to hang out with. Claudia had played with his sister on day 1 so they were both thrilled when this family came down. They ended up playing together for the rest of the day.
I know I am biased but goodness he is a cutie in his visor and sunglasses!
Heading out for a joy ride...
We rented this fun ride for an hour before we went to dinner. We had so much fun cruising around.
By day 3, both kids had way to much sun. They had both brought birthday money and decided they wanted to shop instead of getting in the sun. We went to Pier Park and let them search for treasures.
We had lunch at The Back Porch
That night, we did something I have always wanted us to do but never seem to bite the bullet and make the appointment. We had professional beach portraits made. We met them just before sundown for the perfect lighting. Our pictures turned out beautifully and I am so thankful we did it. My babies are growing so quickly and their childhood is slipping away. I will treasure these pictures forever. After pictures, we went to dinner at Sweet Basil's, an Italian place that Chad always went to when he was younger. It was YUM! Following dinner we went to meet the photographer to choose out pictures. It was so hard. They were all beautiful.
Our last morning promised to be another beautiful day on the beach. Since our photograph appt. lasted so late and the kids didn't get to swim, we decided to leave a little later than we usually do and let them swim. Chad took them down for a little while and I packed. This was my view each morning doing my Bible study. It was so peaceful and the perfect spot to listen to God speak to my soul.
I am very thankful for this trip and our time together. We've been so busy, it was a blessing to escape with our family for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment