I'm always playing catch up, at home, at work, on my blog...it is what it is. So here's a few January activities, events, etc. for the memory book.
Once we returned from Disney, we had to hit the ground running. We rolled in Sunday evening and got busy. The laundry from Disney is astronomical so we had to jump on that task immediately. Monday morning brought back to school and a brand new gig for Chad. He left at 6:30 for his first day of Nursing School. We were so excited for him.
January also brought Cooper's first year to play on our church league basketball team. Number 13 was my favorite one to watch. He loved it. In his very first game, he had a chance to shoot and he scored! We were so excited. He had a wonderful first year.
Here he goes...
Taking his shot...
2 points for Cooper!
All of the older boys on the team were so sweet to Cooper and so excited for him to score in his first game. It meant a lot to me! Gabe took a special interest in him and was very encouraging to Cooper.
Sweet McKayla was in a beauty pageant in January. She needed some pictures for the Most Photogenic portion so we took a few shots of her one Sunday afternoon. Such a beautiful baby girl. She won Miss Photogenic!
One of Connie's friends also had a daughter in the pageant who needed some shots so they came to Roanoke and I did some pictures of this pretty girl. Her name is Maddie. I had fun taking pics at some new places. I took this one at Handley High School. I love how the columns look behind her.
I also took her up to a friend's house to take some pictures around her farm.
We walked down to the creek and got some really pretty shots of her.
We ended around sunset in our Downtown area. Our downtown has been getting a face lift and is looking so pretty to me. The old Theatre sign is now working and I love driving through at night. I wanted to get a few industrial shots downtown of Maddie. Love how these turned out.
Some day, when this career as a teacher has come to an end, I will take real photography classes and do it for real. For now, I just play and learn as much as I can online when I have time to research. Pinterest is my BFF for saving good info I find to refer to later.
January had come and gone before I knew it. Time flies when you are having fun...or when you are so swamped you barely have time to catch your breath. Both are true in my case!
No comments:
Post a Comment