In 1998, God led me to Trinity Baptist Church via my sweet Susan and Kevin who invited me to revival on a Monday night and from that night, God changed EVERYTHING about my life. Seriously, I mean everything. It was the beginning of the best part of my life, which I'm still enjoying every day. From that one invitation to revival and that one visit to a church I'd never paid much attention to at all, God began to show me that He was indeed writing my story and He had some blessings in store. Chad was at church that night. HELLO GORGEOUS! And from there, here I am today writing this little blog, recording our lives one event/post at a time. But this is not about us, this is about another precious friend who came as part of the whole package God had for me. Also through Trinity, and that night's invitation, I eventually met and came to love my sweet prayer partner and friend, Teresa. Teresa has been my friend through thick and thin and she became my friend during one of the darkest times of my life. She prayed with me and listened to me and stood by me when I thought I could not go on. She spoke truth into my life and she taught me how to really spend time with God. Teresa's family is equally special to us and we've watched her beautiful daughter grow up. Chad and I used to teach her Sunday School class when she was just a 7th/8th grader. I've helped Teresa pray for every detail of this beautiful young lady's life. On the last Saturday in February, I had the honor of directing her wedding and watching God as He continues to write her story.
From the rehearsal to the farewell of the bride and groom, we had a busy weekend but it was so much fun and such a blessing to help make her day perfect. Brooke was simply beautiful. She had little touches that I loved, such as this sign one of her ring bearers held going down the aisle. Everything went perfectly for Brooke and JC on their wedding day. It was a wonderful blessing to be a part of their day!
Claudia and Rachel went with me and helped me all day. I couldn't have made it without my little helpers.
My sweet, precious friend and her lovely daughter. I couldn't believe my Teresa was the mother of the bride!
The Father of the Bride was his sweet self and so proud for his little girl. Keith is SO MUCH FUN and I had a blast hanging out with him all day.
And wouldn't you know it that our little romeo caught the garter, which he used as a sling shot...nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment