Celebrating Valentine's Day, 2013
Valentine's Day is a bit of a blur to me this year. We were having our 2nd round of stomach virus for this school year and I was the lucky ducky who bit the dust on the LOVE day. Claudia had been sick on Monday and Tuesday, I threw a big party for Kingdom Kids on Wednesday, and took my turn on Thursday and Friday. Cooper held it off until the next week but the three of us all took a turn. Thankfully, Chad stayed well and didn't have to miss a day of school. That is GRACE right there because it was a doozy!
Eventually, I got around to going through the kids goodies from their school parties. This was Claudia's stash. I was so happy to find out 4th graders still exchange Valentine cards with each other.
The envelope she decorated to collect her goodies...
Cooper's bag was full of fun as well...
Our sweet friend, Lucy, never forgets our kids on holidays at school. Prior to his death, she and Gerson always sent the kids candy and balloons for Homecoming and Valentine's Day. The last time my kids got to see sweet Gerson was on Valentine's Day 2011. He went to live with Jesus in May of 2011. I took them to his work place to thank him in person for their gifts on that day. Lucy has continued to send them treats. She is so precious to us. Chad and I also sent them a little gift with a balloon. On the following Saturday, Chad and I were able to sneak away for dinner in Auburn. We weren't gone long but we enjoyed the time we had and we were so thankful to sweet friends who took care of our babies for us. Cooper was delighted to spend the evening with Garrett and Claudia had an evening with Gracie. I don't know what we'd do without our friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment