July 23, 2009

A Fun Trip and other things...

The kids and I just got home yesterday from visiting one of my best friends that I had not seen in 2 years. The beauty of this friendship is how well we stay involved in each other's lives while going years without actually seeing each other. When I saw her it was not like my long lost friend but felt no different than if I'd just had lunch with her last week. Thank the Lord for cell phones and plans with free minutes! Those babies help keep us in touch to the point that I know when she goes to WalMart some days! I know more about her than some friends who live right here in my little town. She and I contribute equally to keeping in touch and that helps keep us so close. We drove down on Monday morning and got there in time to meet them for lunch. We spent our entire trip just hanging out and talking. It was such a blessing to have that time with them. We missed Chad very much but I was so happy being with her. Our kids got along well and played their hearts out. We left for home on Wed. morning and I was so sad to leave her but so happy to be getting back home to Chad. Here are a couple of pics I took of my kids while we were there. They are soaked from playing on the water slide. We spent a lot of time outside on the water slide and slip n slide.
One thing this trip helped do for me was pass the time. I am not one to rush time. Especially the last 3 weeks of summer vacation from school, I never want to rush those days. This year, I am counting days to an event that I am terrified of and dreading and so ready to see come and go and yet wish I could put it off forever...
I posted earlier around father's day about my daddy. In that post I mentioned his heart problems and how God has blessed him with 12 stints that have helped keep him alive. He has done so well over the years with those. Daddy is not well. He has been having trouble since before July 4th but last week he finally went to see his Cardiologist. He had a heart cath on Thursday and his worst fear was discovered. He has exhausted the use of the stints and his only option is open heart surgery. He has several major blockages and is facing several bypasses. The surgeon said he would do 4 and probably 5 bypasses. He has been sent home to get all the Plavix out of his system and to literally "watch the grass grow". His surgeon was pretty plain spoken with him and basically told him to do what he said if he wants to be alive to do the surgery next week. I'm so proud of Daddy for actually taking it easy and not pushing it. He is sick of the house and will surely be sick of it before this is over but at least this one time he is actually listening!
I am scared. I am very scared. I am trusting God to do His will and take care of Daddy as only He can. That is a hard prayer for me to pray because I know full well that His will could be to bring Daddy home to heaven. I just cannot even imagine having to accept that but I know my Lord does not make mistakes and He loves Daddy so much more than I do. I am praying for healing and I am trusting God to make it happen His way.
I am trying to go on with life as usual to make the time pass and to keep me from driving up there and spending everyday with him. I want to hover all over him but that would drive him crazy so instead I just call A LOT and check on him. The trip helped and now I have friends moving so sharing their excitement and helping them will get us through the weekend. That date, July 28th, looms ahead like a bad dream to me. Can't wait to get it here and done and wish it would never come...all at the same time.

No comments: