July 7, 2009

Makin it Last

We are doing our very best to make this summer last as long as we can. I refuse to count down the days but the dreaded calendar in my kitchen screams 4 more weeks every time I walk by it...stressing me out that calendar is! I am loving being home with Claudia and Cooper and as much as I love my work, I'm just not ready to give up this time yet so we are trying to stretch these 4 weeks out as long as we can.

I had to go by the school yesterday and guess what, it smells like a new school year! That may sound crazy to anyone who does not teach but trust me, a new school year has a certain smell...CLEAN...devoid of kiddy germs for 9 weeks...it is an AWESOME smell. Give the 3rd grade boys one day back in P.E. and the yummy smell turns into something totally opposite...but for the first half of the first day, you have that great "new school year smell".

This week we have a special Daddy's birthday to celebrate...more on him later! We have a trip planned to Six Flags and we are all excited about that. The kids and I have a short trip planned to visit one of my favorite friends who I have not seen in 2 years. I am super excited about that and I am struggling with wanting July to go SLOW and dying to see her...but that is almost the end of the month so I'm trying not to rush it!

Today, we work on our tans...the kids are WAY more tan than me...being blessed with their daddy's skin helps them tan quickly. Sure do wish he was off to be out there with us today. Time to shut this computer down and get to the day!

No comments: