I try not to dread tomorrows...because I know who holds tomorrows...and I know He holds my hand. That is one of my favorite hymns from when I was a child. I remember feeling safe when we would sing that song. And yet tomorrow is a tomorrow I dread and fear and want to put off forever. Tomorrow, the day we have been waiting for since the heart cath...the day daddy has most wanted to never see come to fruition in his life...the day that will take my faith through the refiners fire. Everyone tells me, "they do this everyday", "they are so advanced with these things now" and I know that is all true and I have even said those things myself...but I will try not to say them again because all of that may be true and may bring lots of comfort...until it is MY daddy. Man it changes things when it is your own family. The ONE thing it does not change and never will is that our Lord and Savior is still in control and has already written tomorrow in His book before my daddy was even born. Isn't that amazing!
This summer Claudia went to a VBS at another church and we recently got the CD to the music she learned there. The last song on the CD was put there just for me, just for this time. If I'd heard it a month ago, it would not have had the impact it had on me by hearing it for the first time this week. These are the words as best I can recall...
I will pray, in Jesus' name, and believe things will change. For I know God will hear me when I pray. So I won't worry or be afraid. I will pray, in Jesus' name, and believe things will change.
What more can I say? I will do just that and so will He. He will go before me into the tomorrow that I fear and cover me with His hands of mercy when I tremble with fear. He will comfort and protect and best of all, He will guide each hand that touches my daddy. He will be there, holding him, as he rests on the operating table. He will not leave him. And I will honor Him with my words and actions and I will tell people what He has done for us. My heart aches for the lost and dying people who do not know the hope of Jesus Christ. My next post, I trust with all my heart, will be a story of healing and victory!
1 week ago
1 comment:
i love you all so much and will be praying for you.....You are right its in Gods hands, but still sometimes hard to grasp...even thought we kow he will handle things....i love you..keep in touch with me please.
Post a Comment