July 4, 2009

Photo opps missed by me...

Happy 4th of July! I love this day and I love that we still have the tradition in my big ole' family of a cookout that is void of any entertaining activity other than sitting on the porch catching up and watching the kids use their imaginations! Who says we need a lake or whatever new thing to enjoy a holiday together?

First, can I just go on record to say that I missed so many photo opps today...all because I forgot my camera...all because my impatient daddy who I love dearly called to tease and tell me they were going to eat without us...so I got in a hurry...and left my camera at home...thanks Daddy...thanks a lot!

Here is what we did today that I loved. First, we (even me) slept until we woke up with no alarm...granted I still got up early but I did not wake to that annoying buzz...and Chad did not have to wake up to turn it off...happy Chad! Sometime in the morning we mosied out to the pool for serious tanning and swimming. I finished a wonderful book and just that in itself makes it a great day! Love those books! We had some friends come over and swim for a little while. Claudia and I bathed Spencer poolside...he was less than thrilled. Later in the afternoon we headed to Granny's where we spent HOURS congregating on her front porch. One of my FAVORITE places in the whole world. We had a slim crowd this year (missed you Linds) but we still had fun. We stayed until dark and then headed home with filthy kids who were exhausted. A sure sign of a kid who has had a blast...check out the feet...if they are brown and disgusting...a wonderful time was had! Man did we have some dirty feet!

It was a great holiday filled with my family that I am so blessed to have. I'm so thankful for my freedom.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

awwww I know you guys had so much fun....Can't wait to get up there to visit!!!love u