July 14, 2009

No, No, No, Say It Ain't So

3 weeks...yep, that is all I have left. I know, wah wah wah says all the wonderful folks who work all summer...they feel so sorry for me. My sweetheart included, he just does not want to hear it as he heads off for work each day in his LONG sleeved shirt and tie wrapped around his neck. I get no sympathy from him! Okay, so yes, I know I am amazingly blessed that God gave me such an amazing career where I get to spend everyday with special children and then get so many breaks to be home with my own. I cannot imagine if all I ever got off with Claudia and Cooper was weekends and 2 weeks per year... think of all the things I'd miss!

This morning during my walk I realized that 3 weeks from today I'll be up early but not to walk, I'll be heading off to our Institute meeting. That is where the entire school system employees meet to kick off the school year. Wow, has it really been 14 years since my first Institute where I knew absolutely no one and was so scared I thought I'd be sick on the drive over? Little did I know of the amazing life God would bless me with in this small town. Having said all that, I'm not ready to really blog about the first day of school yet except to say this...I have a new lunch box! I'm so excited! Claudia and I went shopping with friends yesterday and she and I both got Vera Bradley lunch boxes...more like fabric bags but ya' know, I'll always say box. Anyway, I can be such a nerd about school supplies for a new school year. I always have been and always will be.

During my realization that I only have 3 weeks left, I also realized that this might possibly be the best summer I have ever had at home with the kids. I have loved this summer and I have so many great memories from it. We have not done anything big but we have thoroughly enjoyed our days together. Yes, there are things I had hoped to do that I have not done. That list includes painting all the outside furniture a matching color; painting the Adirondack chairs a bright color; painting the laundry room; organizing all the closets; framing and hanging the kids artwork in the playroom; cleaning out the buffet in the dining room and organizing all the Kindergarten work samples. That is a pretty long list of things not done but for some reason I get overly ambitious near the end of the school year and start thinking off all these major things I'll get done while we are out of school...and then real life kicks in and I have to learn to be forgiving of myself. Here area some things I have done that I have loved and that have made this the BEST summer... POTTY TRAINED Cooper; got the best tan I've ever had by swimming as much as we can; speaking of swimming, we've done it a lot just us and a lot with friends, I enjoy both ways a LOT; grown beautiful flowers that bring me lots of joy; spent 5 days in heaven, I mean Destin; ate lots of grilled food; played games with Claudia and Cooper; gone out to lunch with Chad many times; walked almost everyday; taught VBS & Mission Backyard Bible Club; had lots of snuggle time with Cooper in the mornings; read several books; took the kids to the Library summer program; realized that I am not a bad wife/mommy if I spend time with the kids when there is cleaning that needs to be done...there will always be cleaning that needs to be done! That may not sound like a lot of activity but that is kind of what makes it a GREAT summer. Still have some activities I'm looking forward to that will seal the deal on a great summer.

Here are a few pics from July so far...

Chad's birthday cake...Betty Crocker I am not!


My sweet Claudia on the way to dinner for Chad's birthday.
One morning I was getting ready and heard Cooper talking in his room...this is what I found.
Swimming with Connor and Logan.
Some of my beautiful flowers.

1 comment:

McMom said...

Way to go, Cooper!!!