October 15, 2010

Packing

Once upon a time I had really long hair. I got really tired of it when I was in Auburn so I made an appointment with someone I had never met before. For some insane reason I chose someone who was NOT in Auburn but in Oxford...God knew...He knew I'd need her over the years. That is the only explanation I have for why in the world I would go to someone in Oxford...wouldn't it have made more sense to choose someone in Auburn, especially considering I had never met her before...I digress...Anyway, on to this story...

I went to her and sat in her chair and said "Cut it off, cut it all off." and she did...and I loved it and I loved her. Our connection was instant. We became fast friends who shared a heart for Jesus. I sat in her chair for years but eventually decided to switch to someone closer to home...but I never stopped missing her. Facebook can be a blessing or the devil, just depends on how you use it...I am a firm believer in that. Anyway, FB was a blessing by being the avenue through which Jenn and I would reconnect. I'm so thankful to be in touch with her again. It has already been such a blessing to me.

I recently found out that Jenn is a blogger! She really has a heart for Jesus and shares it on her blog. She has posted a SWEET post about her son who has turned 18. It really touched my heart and brought me to tears. I hope you will take the time to read it. We are all packing their suitcases as each day passes.
Here's the link...http://jennelam.blogspot.com/
Love you, Jenn! Thanks for sharing your heart so transparently!

No comments: