October 4, 2010

Homecoming the Handley way!

So here is the longest post in history commemorating Homecoming festivities...

Monday was...


PAJAMA DAY





Claudia was so excited to wear her new pajamas. She was disappointed because I would not wear PJ's to school as well but I just cannot do that. I just need to be in regular clothes to go to work...that's just me!





Claudia and Rachel were loving PJ day!



Tuesday was...

HAT DAY



Claudia has the coolest teacher b/c she participates every day for HC!



Wednesday we wore our Handley attire for our Pep Rally at KES. We move the entire school across the road to "the hill" and it is LOUD! The band comes, the cheerleaders, and we make a ton of noise!


These shots just show some of our students as we were still piling in.


Claudia and the other Rachel in her class...



On Thursday we had Class Wars. The classrooms each have a designated area to decorate for Class Wars and then the hallways are judged. This is the hallway I helped with. We keep it basic and classy b/c we have the foyer and because we do not have much time to work!





Thursday was also TACKY DAY!

This was not the "tackiest" outfit there but this is about as tacky as my Claudia wants to go. She looked really cute to me. She wanted a skirt like this and I found one (on clearance) the night before at WalMart. I didn't tell her and just put it on her bed. She was one happy little girl!
This was Claudia's hallway. They put their handprints everywhere with paint and it was really cute. Sadly, they didn't win but I loved it!





On Thursday night, we had Paint the Town Red. Claudia and Rachel had fun playing the games. It was also at the same time as the community-wide pep rally but they chose to stay at the games rather than watch the cheerleaders. We were sad because the circus came to town at the same time as HC. Cooper opted for the circus so Chad took him to the circus while we went to this.




After a very LONG week full of activities, it was finally FRIDAY! The kids were all hyped up about Homecoming and we had a busy day at school. We had HC parties, tons of deliveries of HC goodies, early dismissal, and a parade. We really do HC big here!
Claudia and Rachel on Friday morning.

It is tradition the last few years for the football players to come to KES and walk through and see our hall decorations on the Friday of Homecoming. In the past, only the Seniors have walked through but they all came this year. Of course I had to get a pic of Connor walking through! The kids all go out in the halls and cheer their heads off. It is fun for them but for the teachers, it is special to see the kids who used to roam our hallways all grown up and a part of the football team.
I picked up Cooper early and brought him back to school with me. We went to Claudia's HC party in her room. He was so shy and a bit intimidated by his surroundings.
He would not look for anything!

Then we were off to find a spot to watch the parade. Rachel rode with us.

Cooper spotted Connor with the team and wanted to go say hi to him.

Cooper and Coye



Lindsey and Sydney marched with the band! I was so excited to see them marching. Two of my sweet friends from Kingdom Kidz!

The floats were really good this year. My pictures are not that great and I took no time to edit.


Logan's football team...

This picture is out of order but I love it so I had to leave it. Claudia on tacky day with Spencer before we left.

The kids and I went home after the parade. We were all exhausted but had to find some more energy to make it to the game. I took no pics b/c I had to work the gate. I took up tickets for what seemed like HOURS and had very sore feet! We won BIG and had a great Homecoming. Another memorable HC for Handley.
As an end note, I should add that Cooper was sad every day that he didn't have dress up days at Sissy's! Especially on Pajama Day!

No comments: