October 16, 2010

Today we party...

It is the 8th time we have hosted a party for our little queen. Where has the time gone? I will never forget her first party. She was a walking/running, chatterbox of a one-year old and she had our hearts wrapped around her little finger...and she still does. Every year I try to be unique and creative in thinking up ideas for her party. I have read all these blogs about how ridiculous it is to do these kinds of parties and that moms are just trying to outdo each other. That makes me sad, if it is true that some moms are because that is not at all what is in my heart. When I was a little girl, I didn't have birthday parties. I didn't go to parties of friends. I absolutely LOVE making these memories for Claudia and Cooper. I love celebrating the day God gave us our two most miraculous blessings.

So today, we party...

We will party with crafts, Claudia's favorite thing! We will paint pumpkins, paint Christmas ornaments, and make necklaces. The necklaces are a surprise for Claudia! She is so excited. Yesterday she said, "I can't believe the day is finally here! I've been waiting for it all week!"






And when the party is over and the cleaning is done, we will head home to watch our DVR recording of the game. Today we have the Razorbacks in our house!

Go AUBURN TIGERS...beat those Hogs!

No comments: