September 11, 2011

Labor Day Getaway


Our original plan was a short trip to the beach but the tropical storm changed our minds. We were not interested in driving 5 hours to spend the weekend watching it rain. So we decided at the last minute to do a close to home little getaway for just one night. We left early on Saturday morning and headed to Birmingham. We stopped at the new outlets in Leeds and shopped for a while. We found a lot of great deals on fall clothes. After that we headed to the Summit to the kids very favorite store...Pottery Barn Kids. I didn't take my camera so I took a few pics with my phone. The quality is not great but at least I have the memories captured. I love to go to this store as well but now it makes me a little sad. I used to go in there and just about anything would match my Claudia's room but since we redid it this summer, the PB things look too young for her room. It makes me want to cry. It just makes me realize I do not have a itty bitty baby girl anymore. She is growing up and changing so much faster than I like. I'm so thankful she and Cooper are healthy but oh boy how I wish I could capture time for a while and keep them little. While we were there, they did show me that they are both still just precious little kids. They spent a long time playing in the kitchen. Claudia now has to get on her knees to be able to reach the appliances but she had just as much fun as ever and I just sat on the bed close to them and enjoyed watching them play.







We checked in at the Wynfrey and went into the Galleria to shop until closing time. Claudia tried on this cute dress at GAP. We all enjoyed being together and it was the best day. Once the stores closed, we went to our room and crashed. Since nothing opens early on Sunday, we all slept in and it was wonderful. We didn't do anything in a rush and the rest was great.




































After lunch on Sunday, we surprised the kids with our plan to spend the day at The McWane Center. Cooper had never been and he loved it. We took our time and did all of the exhibits many times. Claudia and Cooper had lots of fun but they were tired so there was no complaining when it was time to go. We  all agreed that this is one of our favorite overnight trips ever. The time together was wonderful and we made memories I will cherish. Monday was spent relaxing at home listening to the rain.









Posted by Picasa


















No comments: