This year Granny had her bbq on July 3rd. We had a big crowd and good HOT southern weather in which to roast ourselves and the food. Granny never likes for me to take her picture but I don't care and I always do it anyway. Granny and my sister...
T.C. earning his keep by being the head chef for the day. He cooked all day and how he stood the heat, I have no idea. In typical T.C. style, he was good natured through it all and never complained.
Some of the crowd hanging out waiting on the food. We have a huge family and it is difficult to get us all together so there were some who couldn't make it. I always miss the ones who are not there and I am thankful to live close enough to attend our family events.
Cooper is always excited to see his Paw Paw and Paw Paw is always excited to see Cooper!
Every time I look back on a picture I get to take of my babies with my daddy, I am reminded how blessed I am that God has allowed him to be here to see them growing. It is so easy to forget how every day is a gift for each of us and none of us are promised a tomorrow.
This picture is a treasure...
Claudia and Connie love each other...
I was telling Cooper about how I used to pretend the gas tank was my horse. I would hop up there and ride for miles and miles. He decided to should try it out.
It never takes long for Cooper to talk PawPaw into getting out the buggy and taking him for a ride.
Only in the country will you find a softball/baseball field made in the middle of the pasture...a backstop with a little chicken wire for good measure...and a beautiful girl playing in her dress and cleats!
The little kids challenged the old folks to a game. I have never been so happy to have my camera along. It didn't go unnoticed by me that if I were playing I would be on the old folks team. When did that happen? Watching Connie play reminded me of all the games we used to get together in Granny's yard. We have some amazing memories from growing up in this beautiful place. I'm so blessed that God let me grow up there.
Courtney has still got the fast pitch down...she ran circles around them and looked so pretty while she did it.
Claudia and Cooper hung out with PawPaw watching the game.
For some reason, these pictures make me think of that country song...
"We're from the country and we like it that way."
Devon took a little break to dance in front of us. He cracks me up. He is exactly like his daddy used to be. Sam was always break dancing or doing some Michael Jackson move.
PawPaw drove me and the kids back to Granny's so we could visit a little more before we went home. T.C. was found sitting under the shade in just the right position for Claudia and Cooper's planned attack. Last year T.C. started an ice fight by putting ice down Cooper's pants. Claudia and Cooper were most excited about coming simply to get him back. Cooper snuck up behind him and it was ON.
We had bought some fireworks for the 4th but we let the kids do a few sparklers that night when we got home. We saved the rest for the next night.
Nothing says summer like a hot night and a box of sparklers!
No comments:
Post a Comment