September 9, 2011

Ready or Not, Here we GROW!

I have been working on this post forever. It has taken forever because (1) I have not gotten back into the groove of keeping up with my blog and (2) every time I do log in to work on it, I mess it up and cannot figure out why and I just throw my hands in the air and say "forget it"! Hopefully today I can hit post before I delete pictures or put my words in some crazy spot! So without further ado...the first day of school!

We had a very successful first day of school around here. Claudia and Cooper had their first day on my 38th birthday. Claudia was excited and a little nervous about starting 3rd grade and Cooper felt the same way about Kindergarten. We were so thrilled when we found out who our teachers would be and I had such a peace knowing who would be taking care of my most prized possessions during the day. This year our school board finally got rid of the clear/mesh backpack rule and we got to get CUTE backpacks. I'm not who was more excited, me or the kids. Sticking with tradition, Chad took the kids to breakfast while I headed to school early to get ready to greet the kiddos and their nervous parents. I'm always nervous on the first day but add that to it being Cooper's first day and I was a bundle of nerves. It all went well and they were both happy so I was very thankful. A few pictures from our first day in Mrs. Nolan's Kindergarten class and
Mrs. Head's 3rd grade class.

















































































I love Cooper's "deer in headlights" look in this picture.




No comments: