I am always sad on our last day of any trip. My very favorite thing to do with Chad, Claudia, and Cooper is travel. Whether we go for just an overnight trip, a week at the beach, or 5 days of magic, whatever we do, that is my happy place. It is the only time I get to have them all to myself. I adore trips because the only influence on how we choose to spend our days is what we want. I love getting to see Claudia and Cooper experience new things and watch the wonder and twinkle in their eyes when they are having a great time. It brings me so much joy to share such experiences with them. Making memories I will treasure and cherish for all my days and hopefully instilling in them how very important it is to carve out secluded time for just your family. I wouldn't trade these days for anything...these are the moments I'll remember all my life.
First plan for the day was breakfast at Cape May Cafe' with Minnie and friends. We decided to drive over instead of bus hopping because that allowed us a little later start time. Cape May Cafe' is located at the Disney Beach Club Resort. We had never driven to this part of the Disney property before. In typical Disney style, it was all beautiful.
The pool area was ooh la la...
and of course Claudia and Cooper want to know if we can stay here next time...
As we went into the cafe', this Easter cake was on display under a glass dome. Claudia loves to watch cake baking contests on Food Network so I had to take a picture for her to remember. It was even more beautiful in person, the picture doesn't do it justice.
The breakfast at Cape May was wonderful. We had heard how good the food was and it lived up to its reputation. The characters were decked out in their beach attire and so cute. We got several visits from all of them that morning.
Outside there was an antique car the children were quite impressed with. They took turns driving and sitting in the back. Sometimes they play so well together and get their imaginations going and when they do, they have so much fun and we love to sit back and watch.
We drove back to All Star Sports and loaded a bus to our final destination. As we have always done, we spend our final day at our favorite park...
Magic Kingdom
This trip was our first time to not purchase park hopper passes. We did not miss them at all. We were there 5 days and 3 of those 5 were spent at Magic Kingdom. It is hard to believe but there are still things at MK we have not experienced. While we love the other parks, we just love this one the most. It is always the perfect way to end a trip.
As is typical, the two thrill seekers headed out immediately. Cooper and I studied the drawing for the new Fantasyland. It was odd to not go to Toon Town and for all of those iconic landmarks to be gone. I didn't like the big wall that stood in place of the entrance. The entire time, there was construction busily taking place getting ready to open a new amazing section of Magic Kingdom. I cannot wait to go and visit the new area once it is all open. I am very excited about the Beast's castle and all it will offer. We could really see a lot of the castle when we were riding Dumbo and it was exciting.
I took Cooper to see Pooh and Tigger for one very selfish reason...on our very first trip, the very first character experience we had was Pooh and Tigger. On that day, it was also just me and Cooper. He was 20 months old. Claudia had always been afraid of characters and I guessed she'd be no different at WDW so I didn't feel badly just taking him while she was on rides with her daddy. I had no idea how my Cooper would react but I was willing to wait in line for a long time to find out.
Here he is in 2011 with these sweet friends...
Take a walk with me down memory lane and see Cooper AND Claudia's first character experience at Disney World in 2008...
When it was finally our turn, I just waited to see what he would do. He went straight to Pooh and their interaction was precious! I am so thankful for these pictures to remember this experience.
This trip in 2008 was in January. That April, Cooper turned 2 and he had a Tigger & Pooh party. This picture was on the invitation. It was perfect...
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Chad walked up to the exit with Claudia to hand me the photo pass card. Tigger spotted her and started motioning for her to come and see him. This may not seem like much, but for our Claudia, this moment was MONUMENTAL in her life. After this experience, she shed her fears and truly enjoyed the characters during our entire trip. I was so thankful she was able to overcome that fear in her life. Tigger and Pooh were a great blessing to us on that day.
We soon found our buddies and got busy riding with them. I sat out this ride so I could take some action shots of them on the teacups.
Around and around they go...
Just after the teacups, these two came up. I was very happy indeed for us to all be together.
We had lunch/dinner at Pinocchio's per Cooper's request. He loves to eat here because he can watch the boats as they leave on It's A Small World. This part of the restaurant looks over the Small World ride.
Claudia playing one of the games the cast members have outside.
Showing off her skills...
Time for a new adventure for our family...
Tom Sawyer Island
The kids enjoyed the freedom to run and play. I enjoyed seeing Magic Kingdom from a very different angle.
Claudia was so incredibly sweet to Maddie every time she was around her. She is so good with younger kids. I was happy for her to have some time with Maddie as well since Cooper had really had a lot of Maddie time.
Right after landing on the boat dock from Tom Sawyer Island, it became evident that Cooper was in need of a break so his sweet daddy offered to go back to the resort with him for a while. Claudia was dying to ride her favorites so Kristal, Brad, and Maddie all went with her. They worried that I would be unhappy since I have to skip those rides but what they didn't know was how thrilled I was to have a few minutes to just people watch and take pictures of some of my surroundings. Chad sent me a text saying Cooper fell asleep right after they got on the bus.
They didn't stay gone too long and we got busy making the most of our last few hours. Claudia and Maddie really enjoyed being together and I loved having Brad and Kristal with me. I missed Cooper and Chad but I knew Cooper would be so much more happy after his nap and could enjoy his last night at Magic Kingdom.
The wall in front of the future entrance to the Beast's Castle...
Next time we get to go to Disney, I imagine this will be gone. It is being renovated in the near future. I had never ridden this, nor had anyone in my family, so we had to experience it once before it was gone. I rode it one time alone and then Claudia went on it with me.
We were all in need of a snack so we went to Adventureland and hit Aloha Isle for a yummy Dole Whip frozen treat. Oh my goodness, these are so wonderful when you are tired and hot. I could eat one every single day. While I was in line, the others were taking a rest and these two snuck up on them. They were coming out for a meet/greet and decided to have some fun with our crew. Claudia was thrilled and could not wait to tell her daddy about it. Chad and Cooper arrived shortly after so he got to meet them as well.
The park had really cleared out and we packed as much in as we could. I cannot believe I do not have a picture from Pirates of the Carribbean. We had never ridden it before and Claudia and I fell in love. We rode it many times. Maddie is hilarious on this ride with all of the nicknames she has given the different characters and scenes.
Our last destination was Fantasyland. One last ride on Dumbo is a must for every trip. Although I was exhausted, I did not want to leave. I could not stand the thoughts of it being over. We enjoyed every minute we could of our last day.
Our very last ride was the Tomorowland Speedway. For the very first time, Claudia drove all by herself. How is it possible that she is old enough to do that?
What does it tell you that the driver is looking completely away from the road? Make SURE you fasten your seat belt! I have ridden with him before...it is a rough ride.
We made one more stop for the kids to spend their last bit of money because it must be a cardinal sin to take any home with you. :-) Kristal, Brad, and Maddie had already headed out and it was just the four of us to make the sad walk down Main Street towards the gate. I could always cry on this walk. I try to look back as much as I can without breaking my neck to get one more look of the castle. I am thankful for every single trip we have had and each has been unique in its own way.
The next morning we loaded up and headed north. When we drove out of the gate, Cooper started crying. He did not want to leave. It was heart breaking. I knew exactly how he felt. He probably cried for 20 minutes. I wished we could turn around and go back for one more day. It was such a fun trip and we were blessed with everyone staying healthy and lots of great memories with friends as well as just our family. I am so thankful God allowed us another trip to the most magical place on Earth. As the sign says...
This family sure hopes it is SOONER rather than LATER!
We are always wondering...when can we go back?
No comments:
Post a Comment