April 28, 2012

Desoto Caverns

This time of year is busy at school. All of the grades are going on their spring field trips and we are trying to finish strong in the midst of letting the kids let loose a little after all the pressure we put on them for spring testing. Claudia was so happy when the 3rd grade field trip finally rolled around. In keeping with their tradition, 3rd grade planned a trip to Desoto Caverns. Even though our Disney trip took all of my "free" personal days, I was able to "buy" a day so I could go on the trip with her. I just could not miss her very last KES field trip. Once she leaves KES and goes to HMS, things will change so much and Mommy won't get to be a part of every school activity. There are no words to explain how much I will miss having my Claudia a few doors away where I can watch her experience all that school has to offer.

These girls are all in Claudia's class. She is always going to be right beside sweet Rachel.


Claudia, Trey, and Tyler



Claudia ADORES Mrs. Head so much and she dreads leaving her. Mrs. Head was sick recently and missed a couple of school days. Claudia was also sick at the same time and on the day Mrs. Head was coming back to school, Claudia really should have stayed home but she insisted she go to school because she didn't want to miss seeing Mrs. Head. She desperately missed her and wouldn't dare be absent when she came back. They are kindred spirits for sure...




 Claudia and Rachel spent the day side by side...


They worked their way through the maze while Michele and I watched from above...



They were very excited to pan for gold and gems...





Sweet silly girls playing after finishing lunch...



 Inside the caverns, Claudia was fascinated by the stories our guide shared.








My sweet girl brings me so much JOY...


Rachel gets her sweetness from her sweet mom...


I adore this little guy! He is so much fun and full of life. He has the cutest personality and any time I have my camera out, he is trying to be in the pictures...



Mrs. Head's class...






Our last stop was the playground...







We had a great day at the caverns. I'm very thankful I was able to make these memories with our precious baby girl.

No comments: