April 20, 2012

A Risen Savior

From a really Good Friday to a glorious Resurrection Sunday, we enjoyed every minute of celebrating our Risen Savior, Jesus Christ, the living Son of God.

For starters, thanks to a very mild winter, we had a weather day on Friday which meant NO SCHOOL! In 17 years, I've never had Good Friday off and this day off was a blessing. Claudia and I got haircuts that morning and then we all met Chad and Juna for lunch. We had big plans for the afternoon. When I was a little girl, my mom always made a bunny cake for Easter but I have never had the nerve to try. God is teaching me so much about being a Godly mother, and while I have a long way to go, one thing I am working on is realizing its the quality of time we spend together, not the perfect results of our projects. I knew we'd have fun, even if our cake looked like a pitiful bunny. Claudia and Cooper played so well together while I baked the layers. 


Once they were cool, I cut the shapes and put our bunny together. I was really scared! Baking always scares me! Claudia helped me cover him with cream cheese icing...yum!


Somehow I failed to get a picture of Cooper and Claudia doing the decorating. I only have this one of her putting on the last of the green coconut. They worked really hard and only slightly disagreed over the color of jelly beans and the pattern to make the bow tie. The compromise was she did one side and he did one and much like her mommy, it almost drove Claudia crazy that it was not the same on each side. I took the opportunity to teach her what God is teaching me, that is not at all what mattered about us doing this together. She agreed and took it in stride.


For 3 first time bunny makers, we thought he turned out pretty cute. Other than wishing I had made his bow tie more distinct, I loved him. We took him to TWO Easter celebrations and no one cut him. At one, some of the kids ate his whiskers. We just replaced those and Claudia shared it with her class on Monday to have a "Get ready for testing party". They loved him too.


The entire time we were home, this sweet boy just hung out on the sofa and seemed so content to have us home with him.


After dinner on Friday, the kids and I went to our Relay for Life to watch my mother walk in the survivor's lap. We are very thankful that God made her cancer free!

On Saturday morning, sweet Gracie Lyn came to stay with us. The kids played with her nonstop. I didn't take one picture for some crazy reason but we sure did love having her. That evening we pulled out our supplies and colored eggs. The kids LOVE coloring eggs and even though we usually hunt plastic eggs, we will always have to color some just because it is so much fun.


After all my talk about being careful, I was the one who knocked over a cup of dye!







Easter morning got started with reading the REAL Easter story and sharing thanks for the resurrection of our Lord and the salvation we have through Him. The kids were chomping at the bits to see what surprises would be found in the den.


A little excited to get his new favorite movie, Courageous.


While less animated, she was also happy to find Monte Carlo on her side.


Easter baskets this year included summer athletic clothes and pajamas. We hadn't bought any of those so we were all happy! Spencer was interested in the smells coming from his basket as well.


We were actually ready early and in time for some pictures outside. Somehow I accidentally switched off my auto focus so I had many many blurry pictures. My babies looked so pretty to me.










My biggest love looked pretty good as well...













Like his sister, Cooper is getting pretty good at using my camera.


Dying for me to be finished, they bolted as soon as I said done.

Outside our church by "the climbing tree."



Juna and Gradaddy were able to make it to church for Easter which was a blessing.




I went directly to Children's Church and did my lesson. I shot these on my way back to the sanctuary.




Best friends...



We ran home and changed clothes so we could head to Granny's house for our family lunch and egg hunt. The porch and yard were crowded all day, just the way I like it. Surrounded by family is one of my favorite places to be. We missed the ones who couldn't make it but those who could had great fun.


Football in the yard.


Sweet cousins...


The newest addition to our family...
McKayla Faith
Her big sister Addison is quite crazy about her.


She is pure preciousness...



I'm pretty crazy about my big sister as well...


Unusual hiding place for an egg...


The big egg hunt...







The oldest generation in our family and the youngest. Granny is 90 and McKayla is 3 weeks in this picture.


LOVE this picture of Granny's hands with McKayla's...


Aunt Lyn loves this sweet girl...


Just before we left, the boys huddled around their discovery...




On to our next egg hunt and dinner at Juna's house.










Our Easter was full of family and family equals blessings. I am thankful for a RISEN SAVIOR who loved us all enough to die for us. I cannot imagine where I'd be without my savior. His love is perfect, His way is perfect, and His plan for me is perfect. His Grace is evident in these pictures of all He has given me that I do not deserve.

No comments: