May 26, 2009

Ahhh...Summer!

Today marks my official first day of summer vacation. What a blessing to have 9 weeks and 3 days off with my babies! This was such a great school year but I am certainly ready for a break to be home and spend some good quality time with my family. Time when we are not running so much. We are involved in a small amount of activities during the school year...dance, Kingdom Ki dz, and Claudia did soccer last fall. Compared to most families, that is minuscule. As few as those activities are, they still feel like they take over sometimes and interfere with so much of our family time. I am trying to keep my list of things I want to do this summer to a minimum. I tend to make this long list in my mind and then if I work on those things too much, I will realize that I spent the summer working in the house more than being with the kids. That is not what I want for this summer. I have a few things I hope to accomplish but for the most part, my "to do" list involves a lot of swimming and hanging out by the pool with Claudia & Cooper. As time seems to do, it will fly by and if I do not make an effort to truly enjoy everyday, it will be time to go back to school before I know it. Claudia will be a 1st grader...and I cannot even go there right now!

No comments: