May 10, 2009

Happy Mudders Day

"Happy Mudders Day", aren't those the sweetest words? Those are the words that Cooper said over and over today. I can't put into words how my heart would melt every single time.

What a great Mudders Day I had, in spite of feeling yuck all day, it was great. I must start on Saturday night...we get in from shopping and Chad and the kids want me to open presents. I was overly spoiled with much more than I deserve. From Claudia was a beautiful large black frame that says "The Love Of A Family Is Life's Greatest Blessing". Love it! Can't wait to hang it! From Cooper was a pretty pink and brown apron with my initials on the chest. Love it! I'm not a chef but I do tend to cook our dinner while I still have on my clothes from work so I do tend to wear an apron. The only one I had was from a set that Chad and I got when we got married. I am thrilled to have this one. I will feel pretty while I cook! From Chad was a beautiful red bead necklace with a large turquoise pendant w/engraved initials. Not kidding, that very day I had worn a turquoise top w/a red/turq bracelet and had actually thought, "I wish I had a necklace to match these bracelets." Does he know me well or what? He is so good to me, words cannot describe...

Being a mommy is amazing. When President George W. Bush was giving a short press conference after arriving back in Texas at the end of his presidency, he was asked to describe his years in office. His statement was perfect and to me, the perfect way to describe motherhood. "The days are long, but the years are short!" Boy is that true! Time is a thief and my babies are slipping away. I want to treasure every single day I have them home with me. I'm so thankful God loaned us these angels to care for.

No comments: