May 29, 2009

Summer's First Week

This has been the best first week of summer! I just want to record what we've been up to so I can remember what a great first week this was. June holds lots of scheduled things and I'm not crazy about scheduled things but this last week in May has been fabulously unscheduled!

Monday: Chad was off! We planted flowers, hung out by the pool, and with all the clouds, I totally forgot about sunscreen and my sweeties got their very first ever real sunburn. I felt horrible but thankfully they are now tan.

Tuesday: Just hung out and started day one of potty training. I was completely amazed at Cooper's willingness and progress on the first day! After 3 accidents, he started coming to tell me when he needed to go potty! Those wonderful sugar-filled Skittles are a great bribery tool for this little fella! That evening Chad surprised me and got his parents to watch the kids and we went to dinner all alone. What a treat! A date with him is always a treat...even if we just stay local and have dinner. After dinner we got our sweet neighbor's kiddos to come and swim in our frigid pool. The kids had a ball.

Wednesday: Took Spence to the vet and left him so he can have "the surgery". When I got home the kids and Chad were dressed and we ran to Cracker Barrel and had breakfast and then to Home Depot for more flowers. When we got home we worked in the back and the kids swam. Once we finished we called the neighbors again to swim and spent the entire evening hanging by the pool with them. A yummy poolside dinner finished this great day. We love Chad's days off!

Thursday: My friend and I started walking at 6:30AM! It was great. Tiring and made me realize just how out of shape I really am but I loved it. I love being up early and getting things done! After a shower, I picked up Spencer and he was so happy to see me. The kids spent the day at MawMaw's house and I cleaned. The house has really been just surviving this last month of school! I took a break to have lunch with Chad. Two meals alone together in one week! WOW! When the kids got home they went straight to the pool and Chad and I hung out in the lounge chairs. We were also getting ready for Claudia's teacher (also my friend and walking buddy) and her girls to come swim on Friday. Claudia got her daddy to take her to the grocery store to buy all the things she wanted us to have to make this "the best day of Mrs. Smith's life." She was so excited!

Friday: 6:30 walk was much easier today! Shortly after I got in, Cooper got up wanting juice and soon after him came Claudia wanting to know how long before they come! I am enjoying my yummy coffee and looking forward to a great sunny day by the pool with good friends. A clean house and a day by the pool spells perfection to me!

I sure am thankful for such a great week! I am so blessed to have this time at home!

No comments: