June 2, 2009

I Desire Destin

The desire of my heart right now is Destin! We leave on Sunday for our favorite vacation spot, those sugary white beaches of Destin. I cannot wait to rise and shine early and get all these sleepy heads moving! I started making "the list" today. Yep, I confess, I make a packing list for all vacations. I have to do it. When I do not make a list, something important gets left behind...not a child, but important in its own rite. I got so excited making the list. The list means the time is almost here! We have not been to Destin in June since 2007. We have been going in the spring and fall. We love those times of year the most but summer just does not seem right without a trip to Destin. So...hi ho hi ho, off to Destin we go!

This year we will be there on our 9th anniversary. We have been there for every anniversary except our 8th. We honeymooned there and we love to celebrate our anniversaries there. Destin is our special place. We have so many special memories there. Claudia spoke her first words there. She also started crawling there. My dream is for Chad and I to own a place in Destin...not a mansion, just a place. One day...if the Lord is willing...we would love to have that dream come true!

No comments: