As our wonderful vacation comes to an end, I wait with hesitant, bated breath for us to load the car and all be well. I must tell this story...I just must. In the fall of 2007, we came to Destin for our Fall Break. We had a great trip. We stayed in our old favorite place. We now have a new favorite place. On our last night, I had stayed up late reading. I had just gone to bed around midnight when Chad woke up not feeling well. I mean this, literally, within 30 minutes, Chad, Claudia, and Cooper were all up with a horrible stomach virus! Horrible does not even describe it... We were literally up all night long. I recall a trip to WalMart by myself around 3AM for Lysol and other necessities. I think I washed every single towel and sheet and blanket in that condo at least twice that night. I just kept praying that God would let me get them all home before it was my turn. God is so full of grace. We stayed in Destin long enough to get a prescription called in for Chad and Claudia. Cooper was too small for meds. Claudia and Chad slept all the way home and poor Cooper threw up all the way home. I just kept praying that I would stay awake and stay well until we made it home. God is faithful. We made it home, collapsed from exhaustion, and sometime that evening, my turn came. Now we have a new favorite place in Destin. Not only have we never been back to that condo but we have not even been back to that complex! We just all needed a new start!
Now we all understand the anxiety I have over the last night of vacation! I am praying for a night filled with peaceful sleep and that everyone will be WELL until we get home tomorrow!
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment