I love ministering to children. I love teaching children. God has called me to do this and I am regularly amazed at how He can use an unworthy servant with a willing heart. He does things through me that truthfully amaze me sometimes. Often I will be teaching and right in the heart of the lesson and can almost have an out of body experience because I will be like "wow, God, did you just say that or did I...this is not me, must be totally you...wow, that was good, you go Lord!" and the whole time I am having this little party in my head, I'm steadily teaching. That is what you call getting out of the way and letting God have His way! It is the BEST feeling to know that God would actually work through me because let me tell you, I am so NOT the best person for the job and completely unworthy to teach anyone the right way to live. I have made mistakes galore and still do and I am NOT the picture perfect, read my Bible everyday, immersed in constant Bible study, always respond correctly to my children Christian that I wish I were. HOWEVER, I love the Lord and since He is all about GRACE and FORGIVENESS and using the most UNLIKELY person to get the job done, I think He and I are a perfect fit and He is a great captain for this team!
I get very sad when I hear someone automatically reject participating in a ministry because they say "I can't do that" without even asking if this is something God wants them to do. Talk about selling your Savior short, come on people! This is the God who poured the oceans from His palm...I think He can handle calming your fears and giving you the words...don'tcha think? I am starting to put together plans for our Kingdom Kidz program for fall. I am feeling my humanness because I am starting to worry about not having enough volunteers. I remind my fears that God will take care of it, He always does. My heart's hope is that the ones who are CALLED to do this will do it. I know God will fill each opening but the ones who are CALLED are the ones who He wants to work through. Probably as much for them as for the children because obedience to His calling can bring blessings like you've never experienced.
I can say this for sure and certain...if God can change my heart and show me that I was totally just playing church and being a different person the other 6 days of the week AND THEN after working on me for a while and purifying me in some pretty painful ways call me to lead a children's ministry and use me like He does, He can and will do that for ANYONE! All He wants is a willing heart, a servant's heart, a broken pot...just stand back and let the potter do His thing.
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment