June has been such a joy. Three days of lots of good stuff.
On Monday, Claudia went to Kids Kollege for the first time ever. They go from 8:30-12:30 for a week. She loves it. She has a lot of friends there and she is really enjoying all the fun activities. Cooper and I are hanging out and trying to have some fun while she is gone just so he does not feel left out. When she got home on Monday, the three of us headed for the pool and had a ball. I actually got in the semi-frigid water and we played and played. In the evening we went to our church summer mission project of back-yard Bible clubs where we all participate in one way or another. That's another post for another time but I just have to say...God is really sending us the kids to teach and love on this week!
On Tuesday, my friend and I hit the pavement again at 6AM and I am loving our morning walks. I went to the doctor for a lovely shot to rid my body of this horrid poison I discovered during my sunning on Monday. I learned long ago that poison does not go away for me without a trip to the doc so I went ahead and made the appointment so I do not have to take poison to Destin. Cooper and I had lunch with Chad before Claudia got home.
On Wednesday, we dropped the girls off at Kids Kollege and headed to PawPaw's house. Cooper was SO excited. We rode with him to drop off a tractor he had sold and then stopped at Granny's house to hang out on her wonderfully southern front porch. We had yummy tea and biscuits...what could be better than Granny's porch, tea, biscuits, and PawPaw? Cooper and I were both so sad when we had to leave at 12:00 so we could go pick up the girls. As I was kissing my daddy goodbye I could not stop myself from praying, "God please do not take my Daddy before I see him again." Daddy's heart problems always remind me that each time I say goodbye could be the last time I see him alive. I fought tears as I drove away from his house. Today was just one of those days when I could have stayed with him all day and just sat and chatted and tagged along as he did his daily things...just like I always did when I was a little girl. I will always be a daddy's girl, no doubt about that. We had some friends come over to swim in the afternoon and then we went to our mission field again. Tonight there were 46 kids there for us to teach and love on!
No comments:
Post a Comment